Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 2 Aug 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I generally don't do a park the first day, time you get there get some food you'll be tired, but if your staying onsite then maybe a bit different. Normally we head to villa, drop everything off, get some food and do a quick trip to wallmart, chill at the villa and get an earylish night.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

I think its a good plan as long as you can be flexible and not too regimented with it. We have found that some days we chill by the pool and head to a park much later in the day than planned as we are so tired. Also, we don’t do parks on our arrival day, perhaps a visit to Disney springs or the boardwalk to take in the atmosphere have some food and then to bed ready to take full advantage of the jet lag and early morning the next day.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by pinkandfluffy View Post
I think its a good plan as long as you can be flexible and not too regimented with it. We have found that some days we chill by the pool and head to a park much later in the day than planned as we are so tired. Also, we don’t do parks on our arrival day, perhaps a visit to Disney springs or the boardwalk to take in the atmosphere have some food and then to bed ready to take full advantage of the jet lag and early morning the next day.
Thanks…. I think I like the idea of Disney springs on arrival day for something to eat and a browse.

We will defo be flexible, although Iv only listed one park a day we may leave and go offsite for tea and relax for a bit and then go back On a evening or relax at the pool.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I generally don't do a park the first day, time you get there get some food you'll be tired, but if your staying onsite then maybe a bit different. Normally we head to villa, drop everything off, get some food and do a quick trip to wallmart, chill at the villa and get an earylish night.
I’m hoping to order a small Walmart shop to arrive at the hotel for arrival day and then go shopping on a evening a few days in to stock up
Properly
Old 3 Aug 21, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Sounds great, love ASMu….

Flying in with Virgin on 18th from Man, then HRH 5 nights and Poly for 11 nights coming back at the end of U.K. half term.

We have booked a park for every day…. Still not set in the order for Disney, but also 1 day in SW. No Discovery Cove yet…. Will hopefully do in a few years when the little ones are older.
Sounds amazing.

I think I’m looking to DC the most although mine will be 9 and nearly 11 when we go.
Old 3 Aug 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Much too busy for me, you dont allow for any real down time. But, everyone, of course, has their own agenda for their disney park days.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Our first and only trip was a bit like your plan and I’m glad we packed so much in as we had to fly home on the evening of day 9 due to a family emergency but in that time we did magic kingdom,blizzard beach,Hollywood studios,Animal Kingdom and universal studios Along with a day at Busch Gardens and an airboat ride and a Dolphin Swim at Discovery Cove .
We stayed off site and spent a lot of time and money on taxis or had long days using the hotel shuttles.
It was planned like a military campaign and by day 3 I could barely put my feet on the floor in the morning as I ached so much .
I wouldn’t do it again but the excitement kept us going and I understand why have tried to pack in so much.
Don’t underestimate just how far you will walk and be prepared to be flexible otherwise you’ll all end up exhausted and grumpy .
You will have an amazing time I’m sure .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Buried in today's Genie announcement was an upcoming change to DAS, allowing you to register in advance and also can book your return times in app rather than at the ride. Thought you'd appreciate a heads up, going to make a big difference to DAS users.

We are also making some enhancements to our Disability Access Service (DAS) program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select attractions directly in the app.
Also means you won't have to rush out to a park on the first night if you don't feel up to it.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Too busy for me too. Neve go to park first day, that journey is exhausting. Plus remember the next morning you'll be awake early and knackered by tea time. Trouble is everyone has different levels of energy we only do parks in the mornings , lunch home, swim chill then out again in the evening
I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I think that the plan is good. Any day or activity that is not in a theme park is a rest day to us so I see 6 rest days.