Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Jun 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thank you everyone. I'll definitely get a dry chicken like tikka with a salad. I'll try my best avoid a naan
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If I have a takeaway I go for a Dopiaza or Jalfrezi.They are the lowest syns on slimming world. Definitely not a Kprma or Butter chicken !
I find the curries aren’t really the problem, it’s the poppadoms, naan, bhajis and samosas which are the culprits. Steer clear of them and go easy on the rice. Maybe have a big salad to fill your plate up.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Get a chapati and chicken tikka and make yourself a tikka salad roll with lemon and onion, it’s delicious. Don’t get paratha as they are fattening but very tasty
Old 10 Jun 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thank you everyone. I'll definitely get a dry chicken like tikka with a salad. I'll try my best avoid a naan
No point in a naan anyway if you are not having any sauce in my opinion, a naan has to be dipped in sauce 😄
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Yes, tikka, no sauce and definitely no naan, bhajis or poppadums! Big salad. I make my own chicken curry in my slow cooker with a shwartz sachet called….slow cooker chicken curry it is so easy - one onion, one pepper, some potato cubes, chicken pieces, the sachet and a can of tomatoes. It says to add spinach at the end but I never do. Its delicious and lots healthier than a takeaway one.
I cook this slow cooker curry as well it’s so easy and lovely, we normally serve it with a chopped up salad of cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and mango with a squeeze of lime and popadoms

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
If you're going to have a takeaway, actually have what you want and enjoy it properly.

Working on the basis of 3,500 calories equates to one pound of weight, give or take, one meal isn't going to ruin your weight loss journey if you expect it to span a year.

When I made a concerted effort to lose the weight that I'd piled on when I was injured and couldn't run, I'd be pretty strict with myself Monday - Friday, but on weekends all bets were off. I wouldn't gorge myself silly, but we'd have an Indian takeaway or pizza or make burger and chips at home.

Seriously - order what you fancy and enjoy it. If it makes you feel better, try to up the exercise today or tomorrow, but enjoy your curry knowing it's not going to ruin your plans to get into shape.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

I'd just enjoy one curry for your special anniversary, one high calorie meal isn't going to jeopardise your weigh loss, have a light lunch that day and enjoy!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks everyone. I went for a tikka with a salad but did have half a naan!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thanks everyone. I went for a tikka with a salad but did have half a naan!
Hope you enjoyed!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
Hope you enjoyed!
I did but the “green salad” was carrot, red onion and a few bit of cucumber