Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Long Weekend - Hong Kong Disney

I've already got a full stack of holidays booked for next year but spotted the Queen has gifted us a nice long weekend in June (Thur and Fri 2nd and 3rd).

Just looking at flights etc and after a bit of research/checking we're booked with BA to fly out late on Wed 1st June 2022, 1 night in the Shangri La in Kowloon. Can't book Disney yet but will book the Fri and Sat night at one of the hotels with a 2 day ticket offer. Fly home late Sunday night, arriving back into Heathrow at 5am, ready to work from home that day.

Pricewise - not much different than a trip to Alton Towers...

Very very excited.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Wow that sounds a cracker of a deal! Nicely done - fingers crossed world back to normal by then xx
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That sounds exciting but also exhausting! How long is the flight to Hong Kong?
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
That sounds exciting but also exhausting! How long is the flight to Hong Kong?
Flight is 11hrs.

Outbound leaves at 22:00 getting you into Hong Kong at 16:45. A good sleep on the plane and excitement will keep us going for that first night at the harbour.

Flight back on the Sunday is at 23:00, so again a decent sleep before arriving in London Heathrow at 04:45.

Will be a full on long weekend for sure. It can't be any worse than sitting on the M5 trying to get to Cornwall
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Well that’s true!

I wish I could sleep on a plane. I just stay awake until we are about to land and then drift off.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

The dates for HK Disney have popped up (they were just until end of March 2022). Can't actually book for June yet but will keep checking back to book as soon as they open the availability.
Old 19 Sep 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Wow! I find flying East an absolute killer, good luck to you if you can do it without the jet lag We've been to HK twice and I have horrendous jet lag memories

Absolutely love it there though, amazing place, you'll have a brilliant time.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
The dates for HK Disney have popped up (they were just until end of March 2022). Can't actually book for June yet but will keep checking back to book as soon as they open the availability.
I would love to go back - my son is a student there but the borders are still closed. He is currently on day 18 of his 21 day strict quarantine! He can’t wait to get out and get back to normal life 🤣

When we went to Disney in November 2019 it was so quiet! I think we managed 25 rides (and we left fairly early as he has exams to revise for)

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We went to Hong Kong Disneyland on a Sunday and it was great. Very quiet as small compared to Shanghai. Some very different rides, Mystic Manor great and the Lion king show was very strange in parts, a bit darker in places, some surprising additions to Jungle Cruise. A great day though especially as being over sixty we paid very little to get in. DH was a bit put out they didn’t ask him for proof of age but they did me.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

2 nights booked for June 2022 Explorers Hotel, 3 people and 2 days park tickets = £900. Happy with that.

All cancellable so flexible if Covid thwarts us.