Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
One Mad woman and her dog 2- Aberfeldy June 21. Day 5 Kenmore

Thursday 17th June

Wake up at 5.25, think I’m going to not manage to get back to sleep, but then do and wake up at 8! Ooops. Max is still fast asleep and really isn’t for getting up, but he has to.

I feed him and then out we go straight away to walk the Birks. This walk goes pretty much from our door, so that’s handy. It’s quite steep in places and I’m clearly unfit so I’m in big need of a shower when I get back.

Then it’s straight in the car, and we both head to Dewars world of Whisky about 10 mins away. I booked a drivers tour for me, not just because I am indeed driving, I don’t actually like Whisky, so I can take the little samples away, but also because Max is in the car, and I don’t want to be too long. I park in the shade though, leave the windows open and it’ll be absolutely fine as it’s quite cool.

Even though I don’t drink Whisky I find this really interesting. The tour is good, and I love seeing all the marketing through the years. This cost £9 and was a bargain. I then get Max out, we walk round and take some more photos, then I nip back into the shop and buy DH just a couple of little bits, another sample, chocolate and fudge for £13.50.

I realise I only have the extend-lead, so we go back to the air bnb. I have a ready meal for an early lunch, and a coffee, then it’s straight back out again.

I booked a 1pm tour for the Scottish Crannog centre. This is in Kenmore right on Loch Tay. A Crannog is an Iron Age structure over water. Well I arrive to the news that the Crannog (being made of wood) had partly burned down. Such a shame but honestly this was one of the best trips ever regardless. They aren’t allowing dogs in the museum so they arranged a helper to look after him, plus his new friends Sam the Collie and Lily the Papillon whilst we were in the museum part.
They then brought him back round to me, and round the back is an Iron Age mock village.
They had loads of live demonstrations, metal work where I ended up with a new ring . This was a demo and the lovely man chose me to give it to. There was also cooking where we got to eat bread made in a clay oven, textiles and a few others. We were there 2 hours and this only cost £6!

Just as I was about to head down for the trade talk on the loch front my phone started going. Turns out the house is exchanging tomorrow and completing on Monday. So I have to duck out and make some phone calls.

Rather randomly this finished with a puppet show, but an entertaining one none the less. Unfortunately Max just isn’t into museums, and rather embarrassingly starts to complain mid puppet show.

Our tour is finished anyway. I put all the change I have in my purse into the donation tin but it only comes to £1.10, but then see a card donation option so give them another £5 as it was just way too cheap.

His Lordship has been whiny because he can see a Loch, so I drive up to Kenmore beach, park up (free because machine is out of service) and let him charge straight in the Loch. He swims and plays for ages whilst I order worktops and insurance and all sorts of other boring house related expensive things.

Towel him off then I have just one more stop, this is the Highland Safari’s HQ. The safaris themselves aren’t dog friendly, but they have a little walk to see red deer, and so off we go, well it’s great too; we get so close. One lady even wants to play with the dog through the fence.

Back to the Airbnb we go, plug the car in, then just a spend an hour sorting a few bits out whilst I watch the first half of Denmark /Belgium.

I load a couple of bits in the car (but a crazy amount to go) and wander down the hill into town. I stop at my fave pub for a couple of drinks and to watch the second half of the match. £10.

I’ve booked the Schiehallion hotel for dinner, so we head there next. I order Mac and cheese bites, then Thai green curry. This is really nice but I’m sort of sat in a corner, so finish up and pay. This only comes to £20 inc a drink.

I watch the second half of the Netherlands match from my favourite pub with one last drink, £5, then head up the hill to bed. Bit of packing then straight to sleep, a really busy last day.

Miles travelled. Around 25 in the car, and around 5 on foot.

Amount spent £69.60 which is an absolute bargain

Home tomorrow