Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Jul 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The obligatory kiddie disco with the animation staff in bright coloured trousers singing (miming) and dancing all these bizarre songs you can’t get out of your head by the end.
Ours are now teenagers so we don’t go anymore but I’ve done a lot.
Old 8 Jul 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The obligatory kiddie disco with the animation staff in bright coloured trousers singing (miming) and dancing all these bizarre songs you can’t get out of your head by the end.
And I bet they still play Hey Macerena and Chocolatay!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I love a bit of Chocolatay.
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Today started at 7.30am, as with most holidays like this the days are getting a bit repetitive. Lovely and relaxing for us but not so great for a trip report.

We head to breakfast not long after 8 and had the usual bits though i forgot to take photos.

We head to the pool next where Edith enjoyed herself for a while before Aaron and I took turns in swimming with her before i took her to do the aqua aerobics which she enjoyed.

As lunch time neared, we walked to the nearby Illa D'or, an upmarket seafront hotel and had lunch on their terrace. We shared another club sandwich and some nachos. I also had my first Pina Colada of the trip. My absolute favourite (but so high in calories).

We head back to the hotel for a nap next as we were flagging. Everyone by Edith slept, she refused point blank and watched TV for an hour instead.

Later on we all go ready and grabbed a taxi into the main square. It was only €4 so that's probably the way forward on these very hot days to save Edith's little legs. We wondered round and found the restaurant we had loved back in 2018. We decided to eat there but as it was a bit too early we went back to Cafe 1919 for a drink first. Edith said she was hungry so we got her some strawberries and cream to tide her over till dinner.

Back to the restaurant and we went all put. Bread and alioli, chicken wings and an empanda and then Aaron had a burger and I had the honey mustard pork shoulder. It was all. Edith has spaghetti bolognese again. Delicious.

We had planned to walk home but time was getting away from us so we grabbed a taxi again. Not before getting a gorgeous fro yo though.

We made it back in time for Edith's disco. As usual, she acted like a maniac before and after but stood completely still during the main half hour when given any instruction.

The town looks lovely Abi
I really enjoyed watching Edith at the disco on IG , she’s so funny
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Really enjoying your trip report Abi - it may feel repetitive to you but it’s all we’ve got 😆

Your holiday is bringing back so many happy memories of when our 2 were small 😃 I did laugh and kiddy disco reference 💃🕺🏻 Rosie was livid (age 5) when her little brother (age 3) won best mini dancer! Serves her right for just standing there lol

You are managing to find some lovely restaurants!
Glad it's not just Edith that stands and refuses to join in .

The choice of restaurants in the resort is fabulous, so many great ones to choose from.

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Your report is a breath of fresh air! We loved Puerto Pollensa and your writing is bringing back some great memories of holidays when the children were small - mini discos and strawberries & cream!
It's a beautiful spot isn't it? Can't beat strawberrys and cream in the sun!

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Strawberries and Cream, the mini disco and sunny days. What could be better, enjoy!
Absolutely, feel very grateful that we managed to get away.

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Sounds like a gorgeous family holiday 😍
Thankyou, it was a brilliant trip.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
It’s not too boring for a trip report. It’s lovely to read about a family having fun in the sun. Funny to read about you having to get back for the mini disco-brings back memories of our pre Florida holidays!
I've been singing the songs all day today

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh that food looked delicious, what a lovely day!
We have had some lovely meals this trip. Yum!

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Please keep posting I'm loving reading it and it's lovely to see people away away
Thanks, we are back now but I'll finish the report soon

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Another lovely day and those strawberries and cream look delicious
Ooh they were, I may have pinched a few.

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Really enjoying your trip report, food and cocktails look gorgeous. Living vicariously through you, things are getting better x
It feels that way doesn't it? Fingers crossed trip reports aren't missing for too much longer.

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Oooh yes, my first experience with them but so true. Singing the songs all day today and we are back home now!

Her Macarena was definitely heard

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
The town looks lovely Abi
I really enjoyed watching Edith at the disco on IG , she’s so funny
She's crazy She loved that disco so much.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

I'm absolutely loving your trip report, honestly it's heaven to read! Food and drinks look amazing.
Another day of lovely outfits on your girls too.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List