Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

The dream is on her test cruise!

Don't know if anyone's following it, but after being cancelled she's now set off for her test cruise. People are checked in for the 9th August sailing, so things looking hopeful for late summer & Autumn cruises.

Doesn't help us over here of course, but a little bit of good news regardless.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I saw this. I must admit, my initial thoughts were will US guests accept all the measures like masks, vaccination, distancing etc. on board like we have for the UK sailings. I'm curious about that as a lot of measures there have been gone a while on land.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I hope they are not using Prenetics for checking their vaccination status.
Old 18 Jul 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

She’s at Castaway now 🏖🌊☀️🚢
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
She’s at Castaway now 🏖🌊☀️🚢
And I’m not at all jealous 😂 who am I kidding
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I saw this. I must admit, my initial thoughts were will US guests accept all the measures like masks, vaccination, distancing etc. on board like we have for the UK sailings. I'm curious about that as a lot of measures there have been gone a while on land.
The CDC relaxed the rules if a certain proportion of those onboard are vaccinated so other cruise lines are likely sailing with less restrictions than DCL will need to adhere.

Will be interesting to see where Disney go with this.

The conditional sail order comes to an end this week so they won’t have to follow their guidelines necessarily but IMO DCL will be stricter than the others.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Hoping we hear something in the next couple of days about when they can start sailing again, also hoping that it affects us Brits!

I was reading that revenue cruises can restart within 2 weeks of the test cruise so fingers crossed!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

for selfish reasons... a few months ago, we were thinking the cruise (13th August on the Dream) was the one aspect of our '21 holiday most at risk. 'tis ironic, that which we thought most at risk is sailing, and it's the holiday in general that was lost.

However, more than for the folks over the Pond getting to sail (we were/are on a cruise-specific FB group, happy for them all that they get to go).
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I am just curious to see the restrictions as they have proper sailings scheduled in August and still haven't said what they will be. They may be like the Staycations or maybe completely different. I have a cruise booked for November and go from "I hope it happens" to "please cancel" but holding out just in case