Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Disney cruises restarting in Florida

So it looks like DCL are restarting 3 and 4 day cruises on the Dream in August with the itinerary amended to not stop at Nassau and double dip at Castaway Cay.
A bit bitter sweet for me. Glad it is restarting but I should have been on one myself!
Old 23 Jul 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

From Touring Plans:

Here are the currently known requirements for sailing on Disney Cruise Line. Please be aware that these can be adjusted at any time:

All Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test (at the Guests’ expense) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the sail date.
All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 rapid test provided by Disney, in the terminal prior to boarding and comply with other health and safety requirements. The $65 test fee will be charged to the folio of all Guests 12 years and older.
For cruises departing from Florida through December 31, 2021, guests 12 years and older must provide proof of a valid travel insurance policy
Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-trip and embarkation testing requirements (unless arriving from outside the United States) and travel insurance requirements.
Guests ages 2 and older are required to wear a face covering on the ship and at our terminals , except in designated areas and situations
Certain onboard venues, experiences and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and availability and may be subject to advance reservations.
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

They're only accepting proof of vaccinations from US citizens, so in the unlikely event of us being able to get into the US in October, we'll be forced to pay for PCR tests - not a deal breaker to be fair, but seems pretty unfair.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Debsc1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
So it looks like DCL are restarting 3 and 4 day cruises on the Dream in August with the itinerary amended to not stop at Nassau and double dip at Castaway Cay.
A bit bitter sweet for me. Glad it is restarting but I should have been on one myself!
Us too, we should have been on the Dream next month, we were meeting some American friends and travelling together. DCL have allowed us both a full refund, given that we can't go and our friends don't want to go without us, nor are they too keen on having unvaccinated fellow Americans on board especially if they have been PCR tested 5 days before! Well at least the refund will pay for the Wish next year and we get to try Anthem instead this year (fingers crossed)
2003 Formosa Villa, 2005 DLRP, 2006 Hampton Lakes Villa, 2007 Formosa Villa/Wildnerness Lodge, 2008 Formosa Villa/Sanibel, 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Formosa Villa/Key Largo, 2010 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel, 2011 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel. 2013 Emerald Island /Sanibel 2014 Sanibel/DCL/BLT 2015 Sanibel/Windsor Hills 2017 AKL/BLT 2018 BCV/AKV 2019 CBBR/SSR
2020 Poly/BWV/RPR cancelled 2021 RPR/AKV/RR/CR cancelled Anthem of the Seas
Debsc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Yeah I'm disappointed they aren't accepting vaccine proof from any other country but I'm kind of guessing they might not allow us into the US without a test
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
has anyone got any thoughts/info on how the PCR testing will work? We are due to cruise on the Dream in February and have the option to change it because of all the new restrictions. My main concern is that we won't be able to test in the US in time as we only arrive 2 days before... Wonder if they will accept UK PCR tests? Would love any thoughts on if people are changing their reservations based on the new guidelines?
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
has anyone got any thoughts/info on how the PCR testing will work? We are due to cruise on the Dream in February and have the option to change it because of all the new restrictions. My main concern is that we won't be able to test in the US in time as we only arrive 2 days before... Wonder if they will accept UK PCR tests? Would love any thoughts on if people are changing their reservations based on the new guidelines?
I assume they would allow us to bring PCR fit to fly tests from the UK as its 5 days before you can have the test from? I have a cruise in November if the US lets us in and that was my plan do it here before I go. In all honesty I wouldn't yet be worried about February. These regulations are evolving all the time and could be very different by then. I'd wait and see how things are at the end of the year if you can. The 30 day cancellation policy is still in place til the end of the year I believe
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I assume they would allow us to bring PCR fit to fly tests from the UK as its 5 days before you can have the test from? I have a cruise in November if the US lets us in and that was my plan do it here before I go. In all honesty I wouldn't yet be worried about February. These regulations are evolving all the time and could be very different by then. I'd wait and see how things are at the end of the year if you can. The 30 day cancellation policy is still in place til the end of the year I believe
Thanks Sarah - really hope you get to go in November. This cruise is FCC so I don't really want to have to reschedule again! As you say a lot is still likely to change - have asked TA for options but hopefully no decisions need to made immediately!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List