Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jul 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Mexico Entry requirement

Hi,
We have a trip to Florida booked for October but with the recent update I am more convinced we won’t get there, so I’ve been looking at Mexico, we have been before and loved it, from what I’ve seen you don’t need a test to enter Mexico (another draw for me) so takes away the worry of any of us testing positive the day before, has anyone been since COVID? I just worried about things not being open etc? And can someone recommend a test company for us to get back home?
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hiya, other than the health declaration you are good to go. Your hotel may well offer testing-mine does, The Hard Rock Riviera Maya. I haven't ever been, this will be my first time, but plenty of people have on the facebook group for the hotel I will be going to have. The restrictions that have recently come into force were not previously adhered to, so with cases on the rise, they are now strict. So bars etc, need to close at 11pm. I'm not sure of other stuff. But I think most things are open until that time. As a non drinker and someone that's in bed by 10 anyway it doesn't affect me lol. I am looking at a plan B though as I'm really worried which way Mexico could go now. I desperately want it to stay Amber though. Good luck.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

I was just thinking about looking at Mexico and couldn’t see any restrictions either.

We’ve just been to Malta and so would take the same tests for return - we took a £26 lateral flow test with us and pre ordered our day 2 tests.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
I was just thinking about looking at Mexico and couldn’t see any restrictions either.

We’ve just been to Malta and so would take the same tests for return - we took a £26 lateral flow test with us and pre ordered our day 2 tests.
Where did you order your tests from? We're going to Spain in 2 weeks and just on the search for the best deal.
Did you have to video yourself?
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
Where did you order your tests from? We're going to Spain in 2 weeks and just on the search for the best deal.
Did you have to video yourself?
I got it through Prenetics with a Virgin Atlantic discount. No, no video. Just on a portal then uploaded the result and a photo and they sent us a certificate.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List