Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer
Being a bit Goofy

Hi. Just wanted to share our Randox experience (after reading terrible reviews).
Ordered tests 2 weeks ago. They came within 3 days. Swabbed yesterday (Friday) morning and dropped the tests in to our local (ish) drop box before the 3.45pm pick up time. Got an email at 5am to say they’d been received at the lab. Got an email at 12 confirming negative results 👍🏻
All in all, great service and turnaround times.

Fingers crossed for 4 negative lateral flows in Southampton on Wednesday. 🙏🤞🏻🤞🏻
Dreamer is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hello

on 27th July, I am afraid that we didnt get upgrade!

We got on Disney cruise at 1.30 pm and it was smooth. Before that We were nervous when we were sitting down to wait to hear the result from nose test. But 15 mins we got email and start exciting to go to Disney cruise.

We had the lunch then we went to Cove Cafe but end up had the cocktails. Lovely bar staff at adult pool. Ship was leaving at 9 pm.

We all had great times as everything was good apart from SHOPPING!

Negative...

On first day when we were ready for first seatting and we went through shopping omg. there were a long queue for shopping at 6 pm!

After the meals and we went to shopping as not bad queue but I was very very disappointed as there were none left what I want

Dooney bag - none left only little blue one
Pandora only one I bought was magic cruise charm
No sweaters left which like rainbow nothing left
Not much xmas decorations left
No disney bag left which I bought one tee shirt and they gave me paper bag like take away bag as no disney bag left. Unbelieveable.
I cannot believe I never see like this since from 5 times cruise.

We missed out to meet lovely Brenda and her family while we were chatting before the cruise. We arranged to meet up but we never saw them untill we were at Palo Brunch we saw them outside while photographer taken and I was looking for them afterwards.

On Second day there was airlift came around twice while we had the breakfast . There was a man (i am not sure if he got heart attack or fit ) I hope he get speedy recovery and I feel sorry for his family too. (i hope he have insurance cover). But my daughter told me that he will get full refund.

Positive

At kids pool, there was queue but big screen have subtitles which I never see like this since 5 times cruise. that was awesome.

Adult pool, cove cafe are lovely and we all enjoyed it and saw characters too. Pity that we didn't see Stitch. Daisy was too funny also Pluto. Mickey and Minnie gave me a wave while I take the photo.

Everything was fab apart from shopping. We love it and felt sad to leave the ship.

We didn't book placement because we have another cruise next year May and my husband and I are going to Mexico with our friends. We don't know about 2023 but we will be back again. Hopeful to see Wish ship.

I will upload photos later
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 12:43 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

I was surprised how much sold out, I knew some bits would but on the first day my kids got a captain Minnie plush and a cruise ship plush, both out of stock later.

Also mugs where all out of stock on the second night
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Quick question, we booked yesterday for a sailing at the end of August (late to the party here!), and when I go into that Prenetics website to fill out my info it doesn't recognise my reservation number.

Have tried both laptop and phone and using the link from DCL.

Does it take a while to recognise it, or is this an issue? Anybody else had similar?

Edited at 08:55 AM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Quick question, we booked yesterday for a sailing at the end of August (late to the party here!), and when I go into that Prenetics website to fill out my info it doesn't recognise my reservation number.

Have tried both laptop and phone and using the link from DCL.

Does it take a while to recognise it, or is this an issue? Anybody else had similar?
Takes a while to load. Ours took at least 48hrs to register on there
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are just off this morning after sailing on Friday and honestly just wow! I really can't even put into words how amazing the last few days have been

From the minute we arrived at the arena (we turned at 1pm, our PAT time was 1:30pm) they had no problems at all with letting us in, we'd have been happy to wait as we over estimated on the time to get there. We were straight through, tests back within 15 minutes and were stepping on the coach at 1:45pm. We were on the ship by 2:30pm. Could not fault anything (apart from the traffic on the strand! )

Food amazing, drinks amazing, stateroom was ready at half 3! Our dining servers and stateroom host were fantastic and they'll be people I remember for life. The two guys Sean & David in Fathoms were such a life and just lovely people who stood chatting for ages, very comical and great running the games in the evening together! Darren our cruise director was always around chatting to guests, and the staff in general were just amazing - everyone always saying hi! (Only tiny grip was guest services weren't brilliant, we had an issue in Promenade Lounge, we asked for a rose, I can't remember which off the menu. Server said he'd do something special and brought us a sparkling one but said he'd do it at the same cost. Turns out it was actually more than the one we'd picked and we ended up being charged nearly $30 so just a warning to everyone!)

I know she won't see this but Emily (thirtysomething.at.sea on insta) stopped and chatted after I recognised her, we'd chatted on Insta a bit previously!

Lots of characters around, queues never too long for them and plenty of games, quizzes all that sort of stuff going on around the ship all day and evening.

Freeze the night away was so much fun to watch and we actually had the perfect weather for it as it was a cool evening leaving Liverpool.

Dreams, well all I can say is just WOW! I got very emotional watching this.

I was very worried about the number of people on board, but I needn't have. You were never really near other people!

Honestly just a fantastic time and the little bit of Disney magic that I needed after missing the parks so much. Safe to say I'm hooked & can't wait to do another Disney Cruise
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
We are just off this morning after sailing on Friday and honestly just wow! I really can't even put into words how amazing the last few days have been

From the minute we arrived at the arena (we turned at 1pm, our PAT time was 1:30pm) they had no problems at all with letting us in, we'd have been happy to wait as we over estimated on the time to get there. We were straight through, tests back within 15 minutes and were stepping on the coach at 1:45pm. We were on the ship by 2:30pm. Could not fault anything (apart from the traffic on the strand! )

Food amazing, drinks amazing, stateroom was ready at half 3! Our dining servers and stateroom host were fantastic and they'll be people I remember for life. The two guys Sean & David in Fathoms were such a life and just lovely people who stood chatting for ages, very comical and great running the games in the evening together! Darren our cruise director was always around chatting to guests, and the staff in general were just amazing - everyone always saying hi! (Only tiny grip was guest services weren't brilliant, we had an issue in Promenade Lounge, we asked for a rose, I can't remember which off the menu. Server said he'd do something special and brought us a sparkling one but said he'd do it at the same cost. Turns out it was actually more than the one we'd picked and we ended up being charged nearly $30 so just a warning to everyone!)

I know she won't see this but Emily (thirtysomething.at.sea on insta) stopped and chatted after I recognised her, we'd chatted on Insta a bit previously!

Lots of characters around, queues never too long for them and plenty of games, quizzes all that sort of stuff going on around the ship all day and evening.

Freeze the night away was so much fun to watch and we actually had the perfect weather for it as it was a cool evening leaving Liverpool.

Dreams, well all I can say is just WOW! I got very emotional watching this.

I was very worried about the number of people on board, but I needn't have. You were never really near other people!

Honestly just a fantastic time and the little bit of Disney magic that I needed after missing the parks so much. Safe to say I'm hooked & can't wait to do another Disney Cruise
Thanks for this emma. Just what I needed to hear as I’m getting a little stressed with all the tests and wondering if we will actually get on board.

Pleased it was a great experience for you.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Thanks for this emma. Just what I needed to hear as I’m getting a little stressed with all the tests and wondering if we will actually get on board.

Pleased it was a great experience for you.
I was exactly the same as you beforehand, I was worried about testing, the time it was going to take and the number of people on board but honestly I really wish someone had told me all this before I got on to stop me worrying.

The only time it got a little crowded was this morning when everyone is heading for breakfast at the same time and queuing - it seemed a lot less staggered than dinner so my tip would probably be head down just a little after the time your server tells you. Our allocated time was 08:50 but our server told us 08:20, so we went for that time. Had we left it 10 mins we'd have avoided the rush! Can't be helped as everyone is trying to get through with suitcases
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

I've taken the plunge and booked for next week- eek! Still working through check in but we can't currently switch from the late to early dinner seating - with a one year old the late dinner will be no fun for anyone involved! Any experience of whether that's something we can get changed onboard?
We knew booking super late would limit some options but this is probably the one thing we can't really be flexible with unless the whole ship wants a screaming tantruming toddler at dinner...!
Old 2 Aug 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Is it worth adding 2 nights onto my 3 night or is 3 nights enough?