Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Sorry another Anaheim accommodation question?

Sorry another question :blush Anaheim is very new for me! I’ve whittled down to 3 choices HOJO, Hyatt Place or Best Western Plus Park Place Inn and Mini Suites.

I’m pretty sure I know what I’m getting with the first two listed but it’s the Best Western thats a bit of a unknown. Has anyone stayed there? It’s across the road from the parks, pretty good price, free breakfast BUT I’m unsure about the motel aspect of it, no room safe and I heard some of the motels can be quite noisy but I like the location. Any thoughts. Absolutely no YouTube videos on it unless years ago but no 1 on Disneytouristblog places to stay.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Trip Advisor reviews look good and the location is excellent. Best Western is a franchise so possibly it had another name previously ?
Based on looking at TA I’d probably book it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Trip Advisor reviews look good and the location is excellent. Best Western is a franchise so possibly it had another name previously ?
Based on looking at TA I’d probably book it.
Thank you. I usually avoid Trip Advisor as it’s so harsh I’ll have a look.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Caz_&_Ryster
slightly serious Dibber

Hi there. We stayed at the Best Western a few years ago and it was fine. The location is great and only a few minutes to the security check at the parks! Breakfast was ample too. The room was big and the beds comfortable. The noise didn’t bother us at all. We had no complaints.
I’m sure I used a safe deposit box at the front desk.
We have booked again to stay next July, so are hoping it hasn’t changed too much.🤞
WDW 96/98/04/05/06/07/10/11 San Fran 06 New York 05. Port Aventura 04 /06 : DLP 97/00/01/05/12 East to West +Amtrak 2012 /Comic Con, West to East + Amtrak /Comic Con 2013NY, Philadelphia, WDW, Tampa, FtLauderdale '14 : 6 weeks East to West 2015: WDW Dec '16 West to East 7 weeks June 2016 : Vegas / Disneyland Easter 2018
Caz_&_Ryster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We stayed at the country inn and suites , would definitely recommend.

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Candy Cane inn
macdonald is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I think I've decided against a motel. I'm going to choose either Hyatt House, HOJO and I'm adding in Courtyard by Marriott to the mix. I'll just see based on prices when all are available to book. Disneyland hotels are too pricey but tempting! Have to say I don't like the look of Paradise Pier though.
Old 3 Aug 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Caz_&_Ryster
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at the Homewood Suites at Garden Grove when not staying opposite or at the Candy Cane Inn. It’s opposite Target which is handy and a nice walk to the park in the morning, although last time we got an Uber each morning which was about $10, give or take.
WDW 96/98/04/05/06/07/10/11 San Fran 06 New York 05. Port Aventura 04 /06 : DLP 97/00/01/05/12 East to West +Amtrak 2012 /Comic Con, West to East + Amtrak /Comic Con 2013NY, Philadelphia, WDW, Tampa, FtLauderdale '14 : 6 weeks East to West 2015: WDW Dec '16 West to East 7 weeks June 2016 : Vegas / Disneyland Easter 2018
Caz_&_Ryster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I think I've decided against a motel. I'm going to choose either Hyatt House, HOJO and I'm adding in Courtyard by Marriott to the mix. I'll just see based on prices when all are available to book. Disneyland hotels are too pricey but tempting! Have to say I don't like the look of Paradise Pier though.
Hi George

HOJO is motel style IIRC - just checking you’re aware.

We’ve picked up a car at Paradise Pier and also eaten there - I think it’s very expensive for what it is. Some offsite hotels are closer to the parks than PP is.
Old 3 Aug 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi George

HOJO is motel style IIRC - just checking you’re aware.

We’ve picked up a car at Paradise Pier and also eaten there - I think it’s very expensive for what it is. Some offsite hotels are closer to the parks than PP is.
You could be right, it does say it’s a hotel. I’ll do some more checking. I definitely don’t see cars parked outside the rooms like the Best Western etc on vlogs and photos.