Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm in a cul-de-sac of 18 detached bungalows, built 1971 we have a covenant in our deeds stopping us from parking caravans and large vans on our driveways.

I wouldn't be happy if either of my neighbours parked one on their drives as we have the covenant i would say something to them, if not i wouldn't.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn't be happy at all if our neighbours put a caravan on their drive as it would block our view and light. Tbh I wouldn't want a caravan of my own parked in front of my window!

There's a road near us that has a great big campervan on their front - it must completely block the light in their front room and tbh I don't think it should be allowed as you wouldn't be allowed to build an extension on the front of your house and having that parked there all the time is no different.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mumx3 View Post
I'm in a cul-de-sac of 18 detached bungalows, built 1971 we have a covenant in our deeds stopping us from parking caravans and large vans on our driveways.

I wouldn't be happy if either of my neighbours parked one on their drives as we have the covenant i would say something to them, if not i wouldn't.
Tad irrelevant
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
I wouldn't be happy at all if our neighbours put a caravan on their drive as it would block our view and light. Tbh I wouldn't want a caravan of my own parked in front of my window!

There's a road near us that has a great big campervan on their front - it must completely block the light in their front room and tbh I don't think it should be allowed as you wouldn't be allowed to build an extension on the front of your house and having that parked there all the time is no different.
Really come on be realistic😀😀😀😀😀
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

I think it’s the attitude of the neighbours that the issue for me.

Dictating what goes on on is very different to asking nicely.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
I think I was looking to see if I was being unreasonable.

When we moved in we gutted the bungalow and changed it to bedrooms at the front with an extension on the back for an open plan kitchen / dining / lounge with bifold doors onto the garden.

My sons are in the front bedrooms so unless I go out of the house I don’t see it.

Their lounge is at the front of the house. It’s not blocking light but it’s the look they are unhappy with.

I may compromise with we will store over the winter and on the drive in the summer when we are using it. We will also offer again to put up a hedge of their choosing on the border so they don’t have to see it.

We are waiting for Aldi to bring out the caravan covers and then we will use one of those.

Thank you for all your honest thoughts. It’s helped me to see things better from their point of view.

Xx
I'm guessing this is where the difference lies. You live mainly and overlook the back of your house, so unless in a bedroom don't see it.

They live the other way.

However allowing them to dictate what plants you have in has allowed them to think they can dictate what happens on your property.

We have a covenant in our deeds (as other Dibbers seem to have about no caravans). You say your property doesn't. In which case you are allowed to park it there. In which case it's none of your neighbours' business.

But as other Dibbers have mentioned, I'd be worried about it being a big signal the house was empty when it wasn't there.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Anyone else got an advert for caravans now? Lol!
Old 17 Oct 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

We have adult sons who would remain in the property whilst away. Plus we have ring doorbell security on most angles so no issue with security

They have asked that no take away delivery after 10pm as they counted a car door opening and closing 5 times at 11pm at night. I spoke to the boys who looked at me in disbelief. Uber eats is life they said. 😂😂

I have called around today and it’s 400 for just the winter and all near us are full. We would be looking at a 30 minute drive to get in anywhere.

I do feel for them but I now feel so watched we are going to get a hedge grown anyway. They will just have to get used to it as they have done with their neighbours the other side who have tall conifers between them.

For now it’s staying. Xx
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I actually googled the colour and it did'nt even come up on google !
Its called Rose Quartz. Rolls Royce - Bentley produced it for Japanese BMW series 7 cars in 2016, and they made a few convertibles in the UK with a high spec. As a woman, I love my car more than anything Ive ever owned in my life.

Its now almost 4 years old now and Ive only done 23,000 miles. Id never sell it. Its guarded by 24hr police tracker, an incredibly good ( secret ) immobiliser and 2 different sets of CCTV systems lol
Old 17 Oct 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
We have adult sons who would remain in the property whilst away. Plus we have ring doorbell security on most angles so no issue with security

They have asked that no take away delivery after 10pm as they counted a car door opening and closing 5 times at 11pm at night. I spoke to the boys who looked at me in disbelief. Uber eats is life they said. 😂😂

I have called around today and it’s 400 for just the winter and all near us are full. We would be looking at a 30 minute drive to get in anywhere.

I do feel for them but I now feel so watched we are going to get a hedge grown anyway. They will just have to get used to it as they have done with their neighbours the other side who have tall conifers between them.

For now it’s staying. Xx
I cannot believe that they're counting how many car doors are slamming! I'd seriously have absolutely nothing to do with those control freaks, it's laughable 😆
Who do they think they are!

Edited at 07:19 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List