Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Tell them to poke it!

They might not like it but it seems they won't like anything that interferes with their "stepford wives" cul-de sac.

My neighbour parks his van right outside our house - well at the edge of the front garden and although it doesn't block out any light it just looks a mess.

Its a right pain and we moan to each other about it but we'd never say anything to them - they have a right to park there so there isn't much we could do about it - we are the first house in our cul-de-sac and there isn't much on drive parking.

I wouldn't park it elsewhere - you then run the risk of it being broken into or stolen - not worth it IMO.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

If they are commenting on which plants you pick then you are never going to win, they are trying to control you. What are they like with the neighbours on the other side?
They should consider themselves lucky. Our next door neighbour hasn’t taken his bins out for well over a year (not a single piece of rubbish) and he has a takeaway every night. His garden is so overgrown (not touched in the last 6 years that we have lived here) there was furniture in there but you can’t see it now.
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Our house has a no caravans, motorhomes or commercial vehicles in the deeds. So please so check yours.

Personally if I'm sat on my sofa looking out my window I'd like to see my garden or the neighbours garden depending on the angle. I wouldn't want to see a caravan, a big works vehicle, or anything bigger than a.car but that's just me. I'm not sure I'd complain to a neighbour but just moan to DH.

If your drive is fairly big with a room for caravan plus two vehicles and a garage is there any way you can position it differently? How about a fence or trellis?

I'm someone that tries hard to get on with my neighbours so would try and find a compromise.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Very mixed response.

The estate I am on is around 45years old. No stipulation about caravans. Lots of cul de sacs on the estate and many have a caravan although we are the first in our cul de sac.

our neighbours rule the street. Just know they will be talking about us to everyone. We are one of the only houses where people still go to work so we are the entertainment.
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Gosh, I wouldnt think twice about what my neighbours parked on their drive. If it meant so much to me then I wouldn't buy a house that was so close to someone else's drive.

I'm sorry you're in an awkward position and I hope they don't keep making you feel uncomfortable about it.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
Very mixed response.

The estate I am on is around 45years old. No stipulation about caravans. Lots of cul de sacs on the estate and many have a caravan although we are the first in our cul de sac.

our neighbours rule the street. Just know they will be talking about us to everyone. We are one of the only houses where people still go to work so we are the entertainment.
That sounds like us, all our neighbours are retired, but they're all lovely... and we respect each other.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

We have moved it as far away from them as possible. They will not have a fence, we tried that when we moved in because of DH van. It’s not a massive van. Plain / no signage Vauxhall vivaro.

We would just plant some conifers and they would see nothing but they will not have it.

Will think some more about storage. X
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry to sound harsh but they sound like they need to mind their own business. They don’t like the van (I’m sorry but this is needed for work), they don’t like your caravan and even the plants you planted!
I would never dream of inteferring with someone else’s life in this way. It sounds like you are lovely people and try to keep everyone happy. Unfortunately some people can never be pleased no matter how hard you try 😔 Some other people would have told them straight.
As for non parking because of it being in the deeds. I had this in 2 of my properties and not 1 person on my streets took any notice of it at all. In my opinion, if you park it on your property, it’s your business. Most villages nowadays, people park anything anywhere on the pavement, road etc. Now that is annoying 😡
It’s on your drive, just ignore them. I certainly would not be paying money to park it elsewhere!😳
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
Very mixed response.

Some properties well over 45 yo have deeds like no caravans or must have hedges around front boundaries etc. It may be worth checking them (unless you have ) - once you know your legal position you will be on the first foot then you can choose what battle you wish to fight or not

Good luck in whatever you find and and decide but please dont let it stress you; that’s a real killer and for the sake of where to park a caravan I would stay please dont let it make you ill
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I know DH would hate it (He’s become Victor Meldrew over lockdown) but honestly, if there’s nothing in your deeds to restrict it then they need to just suck it up.
Ours state that we can’t even hang washing in our gardens but of course we all do!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List