Notices

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Every year 65 36.72%
Every other year 112 63.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Feb 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I haven’t voted either, I wouldn’t choose either of those personally, but if I had to, I guess it would be 2 weeks every other year.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I couldn’t vote.

I would do 2 weeks plus in the USA and every year. It might sometimes include Florida, but we are increasingly focussed very much elsewhere... but within the USA for now.

8/9 days doesn’t save much money over 14, particularly on an Orlando trip with most tickets having 14 days on them and a 9 hour flight each way being too far for such a short break.. and therefore would not even be under consideration.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Neither-wouldn’t go if it didn’t include Disney.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Every 2 or more years. Not because of Disney no Disney but because of flights / costs / time to do things etc.

Plenty of Florida to see and experience outside any of the parks. May well cram in a two centre in a two week we or a multi centre. Couldn't do that in 9 days so easily.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't go for a week. Just not every year. Too much more if the world to see.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

I didn't vote. I choose 3 weeks, but less often than every 2 years (budget constraints). I wouldn't go if Disney was excluded - for those prices, I expect to be able to do everything I want.
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

No Disney... ! Are you mad... ?
I voted every year, but it would always be more Disney than the rest. Honestly (don't shoot me down! ) not a massive fan of the rest of the stuff, I always like to do Seaworld/Universal/Busch Gardens etc... but just a day or 2 in each (but not every trip).
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
No Disney... ! Are you mad... ?
I voted every year, but it would always be more Disney than the rest. Honestly (don't shoot me down! ) not a massive fan of the rest of the stuff, I always like to do Seaworld/Universal/Busch Gardens etc... but just a day or 2 in each (but not every trip).
It’s strange but good that everybody is different.
I am the exact reverse of you in that whilst I like Orlando, I have not been in a Disney Park on any of my last 5 visits!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It’s strange but good that everybody is different.
I am the exact reverse of you in that whilst I like Orlando, I have not been in a Disney Park on any of my last 5 visits!
Wow, good for you. I love Seaworld, one day in Busch Gardens is enough (just need the immense coaster fix, the DW just ends up wandering off on her own while i'm hitting up all the coasters), a day and half in Universal and we're done. Enough time to visit our favourite attractions, although as we've not been for a while and when we do go... it'll be our DD's first Florida trip so could be massively different to the norm! Not many pool days for us oldies I reckon...
Old 24 Feb 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Wow, good for you. I love Seaworld, one day in Busch Gardens is enough (just need the immense coaster fix, the DW just ends up wandering off on her own while i'm hitting up all the coasters), a day and half in Universal and we're done. Enough time to visit our favourite attractions, although as we've not been for a while and when we do go... it'll be our DD's first Florida trip so could be massively different to the norm! Not many pool days for us oldies I reckon...
If we still had youngsters, then Disney would have a part to play. Mine are now boys of 14 an 18. They hit the magic 54 inch mark and that was the end of Disney as their rides no longer cut it with them.
Perhaps with Grand Children?
Old 8 Mar 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My dream would be to go white water rafting down the Colorado river. There are some nice packages for ten days or shorter if you wanted. You can even add a couple of days on a ranch horse riding etc... that would be a great two week visit.

Anyone fancy it 😀

Have a look it looks great — link