Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 18 Mar 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Walking to walmart

Is it possible to walk to walmart from International drive? I'm thinking more are there actual pathways to walk down and crossings.
Old 18 Mar 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Most of international drive has walkways where are you staying
Old 18 Mar 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Staying at the doubletree but was gonna go for a stroll after being on I drive. We don't have a car just wanted to pop by as the kids want to get a few snacks. I looked on the map and it looked like there wasn't lots of pathways on route there just roads.
Old 18 Mar 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

No... unless you are a masochist.

You must walk down to Sand Lake road and cross under the I4 there before walking all the way up Turkey lake road.

I am rather surprised that an overpass/under bridge has not been considered.. but then again, many Americans would sooner get a cab than drive 250 yards.

That is unless of course, things have changed since my last visit.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:22 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Sorry I miss read your post the above is correct it’s not walkable but you have other options Walgreens etc there’s also a whole foods much closer than the Walmart.
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
It is possible in that there are pavements all the way but you wouldn't want to do it. It's not a very pleasant walk with crazy traffic alongside you for the whole way. It's also about a 20-30 minute walk from the closest point on IDrive.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Get an uber, it's cheap and easy and you'll need one on the way back anyway to carry all of the stuff that you'll buy! You can have your 'stroll' in the shop - they're huge, and you always lose family members.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 02:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

Definitely get a taxi/uber. While there are footpaths all along I-Drive, its just not pleasant to walk in the heat and humidity.

Walgreens and CVS have a great selection of snacks and drinks, maybe not at Walmart prices, but they are still reasonably priced.
Old 19 Mar 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

We have walked to Walmart a few times from international drive. It took about 30 mins each way. On the way we end up calling into shops so it breaks it up a bit.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Just seen there's one on Turkey lake Rd and one near sandlake road? Which is closer and are either of these accessible by lynx or i ride?