Notices

View Poll Results: When will masks no longer be required at Disney World?
July 13 6.37%
August 10 4.90%
September 7 3.43%
October 15 7.35%
November 6 2.94%
December 5 2.45%
2022 148 72.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Osceola County is having vaccination sessions at 4 of the High Schools on a Saturday for 16 and 17 year olds accompanied by a parent. My 18 year old was booked in at a county site last week with only a 5 day wait. I just hope the numbers wanting it don't start going down soon.
Old 15 Apr 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
So when do we think masks will be dropped then? If masks are likely to be dropped as early as next month then how much longer until Disney follows?
Hopefully short-Shrift from the date of mask wearing restrictions relaxation by the County. No doubt Disney will be cautious, but ultimately it will come down to a numbers game for them.
Although Disney are a big draw in Orlando, there are plenty of other attractions to spend those Dollars. They may find it unjustifiable to keep stricter rules, when all around are relaxing them.

Edited at 10:27 PM.
Katenbeth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I think it could go either way, look at it for the UK Disney cruises, they're requiring them, testing and vaccinations. Last thing Disney wants is an outbreak attributed to them.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney have an agreement with the unions they will be worn until at least the end of 2021.

Makes no difference what the local authorities say, this is the agreement that would need to be changed.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Disney have an agreement with the unions they will be worn until at least the end of 2021.

Makes no difference what the local authorities say, this is the agreement that would need to be changed.
I think people on here are overestimating the number of people put off by mask wearing on the parks. Although there are clearly some, none of the parks are struggling to attract guests at the moment. We were at a special Orlando Autism Society event at Sea World yesterday. Not only were there an enormous number of families for our event despite the need for the autistic family member to wear a mask, there were loads of other people still arriving when we left at 2.
They were even using the overflow parking across the street.
Old 26 Apr 21, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I think people on here are overestimating the number of people put off by mask wearing on the parks. Although there are clearly some, none of the parks are struggling to attract guests at the moment. We were at a special Orlando Autism Society event at Sea World yesterday. Not only were there an enormous number of families for our event despite the need for the autistic family member to wear a mask, there were loads of other people still arriving when we left at 2.
They were even using the overflow parking across the street.
It's a bit different attending a park for a day/few days though. We travel over there for 2-3 weeks at a time which would make things far more difficult. If it was long weekends then I'm sure most on here would be fine with that, wearing a mask for weeks on holiday is a different story though.
Old 26 Apr 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
It's a bit different attending a park for a day/few days though. We travel over there for 2-3 weeks at a time which would make things far more difficult. If it was long weekends then I'm sure most on here would be fine with that, wearing a mask for weeks on holiday is a different story though.
I agree completely. My point is that people seem to be suggesting that Disney etc will drop the mask requirement as soon as they are "allowed" to do so by authorities. I believe they actually have as many guests as they can handle at the moment due to reduced capacity. They are far less desperate to attract longer staying foreign guests than people would expect.

With things still so shut down in the UK, I expect it is hard to imagine how ridiculously busy it is here in Orlando at the moment. The traffic on west 192 has been ridiculous lately and the restaurant parking lots quite full. I have heard of some having to do take out only at times due to a lack of staff.
Old 26 Apr 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I agree completely. My point is that people seem to be suggesting that Disney etc will drop the mask requirement as soon as they are "allowed" to do so by authorities. I believe they actually have as many guests as they can handle at the moment due to reduced capacity. They are far less desperate to attract longer staying foreign guests than people would expect.

With things still so shut down in the UK, I expect it is hard to imagine how ridiculously busy it is here in Orlando at the moment. The traffic on west 192 has been ridiculous lately and the restaurant parking lots quite full. I have heard of some having to do take out only at times due to a lack of staff.
I can't wait until life it like that again here. I did read that the CDC will be updating their mask recommendation soon and that contracting it outside is very low. Hopeful that some positive news is released soon 🤞🏼
Old 2 May 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Disney would rather keep masks and have higher crowds so i would suggest that they will be in place for quite a long time. I reckon at least inside until summer next year. The last thing they want is an outbreak attributed to them or to risk having to close down again.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Promising quote from Bob Chapek
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List