Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 May 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Best to stay at hotel near Universal or Osaka?

Planning for next year and currently researching USJ and where to stay. Like the look of the Park Front Hotel, we want to have a full day in the park and maybe even a half day as well... I’m thinking it may be better to stay at a universal hotel and then just get a metro into Osaka for the days we want to visit there... maybe just one or two. This would save staying in two places, is this a good idea? Any hotel recommendations?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

That is our plan for May next year - stay at the Front of Park hotel for 2 nights.

Day one arrive early in to Osaka and look round the city after dropping case off, then have a full day in Universal and head back to Tokyo the following morning.

A chance we might do one of the Hilton hotels as for Gold status there but we shall see.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
That is our plan for May next year - stay at the Front of Park hotel for 2 nights.

Day one arrive early in to Osaka and look round the city after dropping case off, then have a full day in Universal and head back to Tokyo the following morning.

A chance we might do one of the Hilton hotels as for Gold status there but we shall see.
Front of park looks lovey doesn’t it... I’m thinking a full day in Osaka will be enough too. I’m just concerned about travelling around with suitcases on the JR etc now that they have these new guidelines on size. I know we will want to buy lots of things on our travels and we don’t travel lightly either!
Do you know if the Tokyo Disney Hilton hotel keeps luggage for you if you checked out and then returned for a night a week or so later?
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Well just for that reason we plan to leave our cases at our next hotel in Tokyo (the one we move to after Disney Hilton) and will contact them before to ask, but think they will.

We plan to take a smaller bag or case to Osaka - there is just 2 of us for the 2 nights.

However , I do not know the answer to Hilton Tokyo Bay doing it but I have their email and they have been WONDERFUL with the barrage of questions I have sent them - the address is:

TokyoBay.Reservations@hilton.com

My advise, while they speak / type very good English try and keep the question as easy as possible to understand.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Well just for that reason we plan to leave our cases at our next hotel in Tokyo (the one we move to after Disney Hilton) and will contact them before to ask, but think they will.

We plan to take a smaller bag or case to Osaka - there is just 2 of us for the 2 nights.

However , I do not know the answer to Hilton Tokyo Bat doing it but I have their email and they have been WONDERFUL with the garage of questions I have sent them - the address is:

TokyoBay.Reservations@hilton.com

My advise, while they speak / type very good English try and keep the question as easy as possible to understand.
Thankyou, I’m thinking we may stay at the Hilton or see if the new Toy Story hotel has rooms that sleep 5. Im thinking we would want to get the limousine bus from the airport to the hotel, although I don’t know if it’s best to do Tokyo itself first? Just thinking the bus will be easier for transporting luggage. I’m not sure if you can get the bus to hotels in Tokyo?
Old 3 May 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

The limobus from Haneda to Hilton Tokyo Bay was a doddle - and yes the one we caught also did them to various parts of Tokyo.

webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/
Old 3 May 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

The limobus from Haneda to Hilton Tokyo Bay was a doddle - and yes the one we caught also did them to various parts of Tokyo.

webservice.limousinebus.co.jp/web/en/
Thankyou... You are so helpful. No doubt you’ll be fed up of me by the time I actually get to go! It’s another level of planning going to Japan.
Old 4 May 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Thankyou... You are so helpful. No doubt you’ll be fed up of me by the time I actually get to go! It’s another level of planning going to Japan.
Ha - wish you luck - I will NEVER tire of questions as I was so nervous about travelling there, and then had the best time ever on a holiday abroad (for example - I ate sushi and enjoyed it - if you read my trip report / knew me before the trip, that was a HUGE personal step forward! ) so anything I can do to help anyone else make the trip, am glad to do. Sort of a pity I have only been once and only did 2 cities.

One thing to note is the time of arrival / departure for your flights, as the limo service (am sorry, it was a perfect fine coach - end of!) does not run 24 hours a day. Now anecdotal evidence suggests that this is not so bad for European flights, but other nations who had flights arriving in the wee hours...

I would happily do a long phone / Skype / FB Messenger call (or few!) with anyone to talk through what I found / experiences - as sometimes talking to another person "live" draws other questions out as part of the general conversation. Things people might think are too silly to ask about "in public" (for example the Japanese super loo) might be something a informal chat might make easier to discuss.

Sad week, this was the week we were due to fly back for our next trip, now put back a year - hey ho

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Old 4 May 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Ha - wish you luck - I will NEVER tire of questions as I was so nervous about travelling there, and then had the best time ever on a holiday abroad (for example - I ate sushi and enjoyed it - if you read my trip report / knew me before the trip, that was a HUGE personal step forward! ) so anything I can do to help anyone else make the trip, am glad to do. Sort of a pity I have only been once and only did 2 cities.

One thing to note is the time of arrival / departure for your flights, as the limo service (am sorry, it was a perfect fine coach - end of!) does not run 24 hours a day. Now anecdotal evidence suggests that this is not so bad for European flights, but other nations who had flights arriving in the wee hours...

I would happily do a long phone / Skype / FB Messenger call (or few!) with anyone to talk through what I found / experiences - as sometimes talking to another person "live" draws other questions out as part of the general conversation. Things people might think are too silly to ask about "in public" (for example the Japanese super loo) might be something a informal chat might make easier to discuss.

Sad week, this was the week we were due to fly back for our next trip, now put back a year - hey ho
No wonder you are sad this week... who’d have thought we’d be in this situation still this time last year!
My big dilemma currently is where to stay in Tokyo itself, I’m getting very stressed about the whole luggage and moving it around places. We are a family of 5 so can’t easily just grab a taxi unfortunately. Would you agree that we’d be better staying near to a station so we are walkable to the hotel with all our cases or can you get the limo bus from a Disney hotel to Tokyo without going via the airport? Not sure whether to do Disney first or Tokyo? Help!
Old 4 May 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Hopefully I’ll be staying at Hotel Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku in November - pre COVID it was on the Limo bus route fingers crossed It will be back on it. According to a YouTube vid it’s easily accessible from Shinjuku station (just a few minutes walk) Shinjuku station is one of the very busy ones but I went for this as I figured everything should be easily accessible. Last year (which was cancelled) we were due to stay in Ikebukuro again due to accessibility for the trains.
AntonyJ is a font of knowledge for Tokyo and always posts useful links and tips - I’ll be back to picking his brain very soon
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List