Notices

View Poll Results: Settle an argument. Who was the biggest?
Elvis Presley 178 50.28%
Micheal Jackson 65 18.36%
The Beatles 99 27.97%
Other 12 3.39%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 May 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Rod Stewart has a very large age range at his concerts.
I saw Rod at Plymouth a few years back. He was still a tremendous entertainer, even in his 70s.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Been wracking my brain and can’t think of anyone that comes close to those on my original post. Frank Sinatra? Probably not. Loads of famous actors like John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe or even someone like JFK(note how I put him next to Marilyn)

Still say Elvis, doesn’t even need a surname.

Out of the box in terms of fame or infamy. Everyone has heard of Jack The Ripper but that slightly changing my original post of who was the biggest.

I wonder what someone born say in 2000 would say?

Edited at 07:34 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
If you are going of record sales it is the Beatles first, Elvis third second is Garth brooks.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
If you are going of record sales it is the Beatles first, Elvis third second is Garth brooks.
By record sales yes but as whole package no. Say the name Garth and I’d automatically think Crooks not Brooks
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
But your poll says biggest not most famous, so strictly speaking Garth brooks is bigger than Elvis
Elvis has sold 146.5 million units Garth brooks has sold 156 million units.

Edited at 07:42 AM.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
But your poll says biggest not most famous, so strictly speaking Garth brooks is bigger than Elvis
Fair enough. I’ll reword it as I do mean famous.
Old 23 May 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I saw Rod at Plymouth a few years back. He was still a tremendous entertainer, even in his 70s.
He is a fabulous showman! I have to confess to seeing him first in a club in a North London suburb when he was backed by the Faces. He really wasn't that famous then and we could have reached out and touched him on the stage which kind of jutted into the audience.
I last dragged my very poorly ( I would say Covid ridden but it didnt exist then of course) sorry ass to the 02 in December 2019 and despite feeling so Ill he was amazing and I enjoyed my evening.

Edited at 09:04 AM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I went for Micheal Jackson. Yeah Elvis and the Beatles were huge but they were still in an age where entertainment media was still limited. By the 80’s the whole world had access. I think Micheal being of black heritage also meant he was able to cross cultures.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Been wracking my brain and can’t think of anyone that comes close to those on my original post. Frank Sinatra? Probably not. Loads of famous actors like John Wayne, Marilyn Monroe or even someone like JFK(note how I put him next to Marilyn)

Still say Elvis, doesn’t even need a surname.

Out of the box in terms of fame or infamy. Everyone has heard of Jack The Ripper but that slightly changing my original post of who was the biggest.

I wonder what someone born say in 2000 would say?
There ain’t no 20 year olds on the Dibb were all old foggies

They would pick one from Edd Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga or Adele
Old 23 May 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Most longevity I suppose is the Stones as they are still (alive and) touring and instantly recognisable .
Tom Jones too I suppose ...

I don’t think there is just one anymore .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List