Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Tusker House reopening family style

Tusker House will soon be reopening with a new family style menu. So instead of the self serve buffet it will brought to the table instead family style following other places that have gone this route like Chef Mickey’s. I don't see how in today's world a self service buffet can happen anymore but pretty gutted by this. There's no carved meats anymore It's my family's absolute favourite character meal so I'm sure we will still go don't think it will be the same.

Breakfast has a prix-fixe price of $42 per adult and $27 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Breakfast will include a Pastries Basket, which includes Safari Bread, multigrain Croissants and Cornbread served with Whipped Butter, Nutella, and Strawberry Preserves. Breakfast will also include Fresh Fruit with Honey Yogurt Sauce.

The Breakfast Platter will include Potatoes, Scrambled Eggs, Mickey and Simba-shaped Waffles, Bacon, Sausage, Durban Chicken-Egg Currywith Jasmine Rice.

Lunch and dinner will have a prix-fixe cost of $55 per adult and $42 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Lunch and dinner begin with Assorted House-made Breads and African-inspired Salads. For your entree, you will receive an assortment of proteins like Moroccan Spiced Beef, Cape Malay Green Curry Shrimp, Spit-Roasted Herb Chicken, and Berber Marinated Pork.

Sides include Green Beans with Carrots and Corn, Roasted Potatoes, Jasmine Rice, and House-made Macaroni and Cheese. And for dessert, you can dine on Animal Inspired Mini Desserts!

There will also be an assortment of cocktails and mocktails, as well as beer, hard cider, and hard seltzer.

Edited at 09:50 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Buffets are surviving in general ...I know It’s not Disney lol but I went to a place in Liverpool last night called Bon pan that does every food you van think of ...over 200 dishes ...had a one way system and each time you went into the food area they gave you gloves to put on to pick the food yourself ..place was spotless always someone cleaning so can be done
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
At our hotel in London this week (Park Plaza County Hall) we were surprised to see the breakfast buffet in operation.

Self-serve for juices, hot drinks, pastries (in individual bags), cereals (boxed), cheeses, cold cuts, yoghurts and fruit.

Toast was made on request and the hot breakfast items were plated up for you by a chef - you asked, he plated.

It worked well. Might be a different story for the volume of diners a large Disney restaurant has to deal with though.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
As pointed above I think it’s the numbers of people that make it difficult. I’m not worried but I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t be as sure about buffets as they were.

Do you think it’s cheaper for Disney to do family style? I’m guessing yes, no way as much choice. Probably less waste as well.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'd say it's cheaper for them but not by a huge margin. They're saving on food for sure - any limitation of a menu will do that - but it will be offset by needing more servers. But considering they've kept the same price as the full buffet was previously, their profit margin will most likely increase with this. So won't be surprised if it remains family style.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Won’t be going there again with that menu! Don’t mind family style, but the menu, and the price doesn’t appeal to me at all. Breakfast is ok, but at $42 plus tax & tips, I’d rather go to Starbucks 😂😂 Thankfully we did our character dining, but feel for those with no doing plan who want to do them!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
It's the only character meal I was going to do next time. I have pictures of my daughter's with Mickey in his safari gear that we've got every visit from 2012. It's really sentimental for me.

I'll be asking for my platter without chicken and egg curry for breakfast!
Old 5 Jun 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Curry for breakfast sounds interesting 😂 Tuskers is on our short list along with Chef Mickey’s for our visit next year. Just need to decide which to go for as too costly to do more than 1!
Old 5 Jun 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
No bobotie? Shame!

I have read that a big problem at WDW at the moment is getting food supplies. They have been serving limited menus with very generic food, but now they are trying to get back to their full menus - only to find many suppliers haven’t reopened yet, or have gone out of business.

I would expect to see WDW menus expand a lot over the next few months as they negotiate with suppliers.

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

I thought it may go family style when it re-opens, I hope it doesn’t stay like that long term(once/if we get normality back)
I don’t like the menu as a veggie. I think we’ll stick to GardenGrill if we’re going todo any character breakfasts next year.
Thanks for posting 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List