Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaAnn & Co View Post
Oh my goodness! Looks like I have to start a food list 😂😂
Peanut butter & chocolate!

Talking of food, do you know where I can find a menu for the main dining rooms? 😀
Yes, off to find them….and will put a link

I couldn’t find it! There used to be a good site called something like Beyond ships, but the one I found looked very dated

I found this, it is a good overview, of course we don’t really know what to expect, as supply chains are all disrupted so it could be interesting, but I am sure it will be good.
A Princess Favourite, no good it you watch carbs or cholesterol! Is Fettuncine Alfredo, cheesy pasta, years ago if you ordered it as a main it came in a crispy Parmesan basket, but not seen that for a while.

Also, on Princess cheeseboard does not follow dessert, if you want dessert and cheese you order both, and cheese will be plated. You don’t get offered a selection on a cheeseboard.

I like breakfast in the Main Dining Room, never miss it the first morning sailing from the UK. Feel safe saying this on a Disney Board as we have all experienced American Bacon, basically a pile of streaky. The faces of the cruisers who are used to Cunard or P&O who when they ordered their bacon were expecting a couple of rashers of sliced back and that arrives they look horrified.

profcruise/princess-menus/

Edited at 12:03 PM. Reason: To add link
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Feel safe saying this on a Disney Board as we have all experienced American Bacon, basically a pile of streaky. The faces of the cruisers who are used to Cunard or P&O who when they ordered their bacon were expecting a couple of rashers of sliced back and that arrives they look horrified.

I love the idea of the dibb as a safe space to discuss bacon
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

So, Sea Cruisers, a pair of gluttonous sisters, with allegedly dodgy business ethics, and in my opinion poor hygiene
However, can not deny if you want to “see” a ship their videos are good.

Above is Princess Dining, dining room experience, and they order most of the menu! Start at 6:30.
Regal Princess is older sister of Sky Princess.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
I love the idea of the dibb as a safe space to discuss bacon
Didn’t want to start a British better than American debate
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I couldn’t find it! There used to be a good site called something like Beyond ships, but the one I found looked very dated

I found this, it is a good overview, of course we don’t really know what to expect, as supply chains are all disrupted so it could be interesting, but I am sure it will be good.
A Princess Favourite, no good it you watch carbs or cholesterol! Is Fettuncine Alfredo, cheesy pasta, years ago if you ordered it as a main it came in a crispy Parmesan basket, but not seen that for a while.

Also, on Princess cheeseboard does not follow dessert, if you want dessert and cheese you order both, and cheese will be plated. You don’t get offered a selection on a cheeseboard.

I like breakfast in the Main Dining Room, never miss it the first morning sailing from the UK. Feel safe saying this on a Disney Board as we have all experienced American Bacon, basically a pile of streaky. The faces of the cruisers who are used to Cunard or P&O who when they ordered their bacon were expecting a couple of rashers of sliced back and that arrives they look horrified.

When we sailed on Princess out of Southampton in 2018 they had English bacon in the buffet. The fettuccine Alfredo is delicious- we have managed to get the Parmesan basket as a special, but had to order the day before - it isn’t widely advertised. It’s worth asking.
If anyone wants an indulgent, gastronomic feast, the Chef’s Table is amazing. It’s usually only offered once per voyage (possibly not on short seacations) and limited numbers (10 pax when we did it). Not cheap at $99 pp but includes paired wines and other treats, gifts. Overall an amazing experience.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

So, Sea Cruisers, a pair of gluttonous sisters, with allegedly dodgy business ethics, and in my opinion poor hygiene

Above is Princess Dining, dining room experience, and they order most of the menu! Start at 6:30.
On our ill fated Japan cruise, our son in law couldn’t decide between two mains and the waiters brought him both. It became a bit of a joke and on the last night they brought him one of every main course!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

😀 Thanks for taking the time to find that , will be giving it a good look over ! Think DH will like the sound of Fettuccine Alfredo😃

I was thinking breakfast in MDR might be a good idea ! We are used to American 🥓 haha
Good to know about the cheeseboard if it takes our fancy!
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Have actually watched a few of their videos ! Hmmmmm
Been watching Cruise Monkeys too.
Emma C has said she’s been invited on a Seacation ! If she’s on mine I’ll give you a 👍🏼 Lol Probably won’t be long enough on mine tho ...
Old 10 Jun 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I had an email from Princess, don’t know if anyone here is sailing on these cruises
princess/ships-and-e...i_u=8560517335

Might be something to entertain you whilst at Sea
Old 10 Jun 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Self service Laundrettes will be closed during the Seacations, so imagine it will be the same for Princess Sailings.