General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jun 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
One Mad Woman and her dog 2 - Aberfeldy/Pitlochry June 21. Day 1 home to Glasgow

I’m going to do a brief pre travel couple of days just because it’s all so mad here! Our house didn’t exchange on the Friday 4th as requested, and still hasn’t and so we have had a mad couple of weeks of packing, and trying to eat the contents of the fridge/freezer for currently no outcome. Still hoping for completion Monday 21st June but who knows….

Friday 11th June

My last day at work for a fortnight. Well technically but I’m going to try to keep it to an hour a day. I take the dog out, then get cracking on sorting as much last minute work as I can before I log off. This is between loads of washing. I had booked a deal for a pedicure as I love holiday toes. The deal included a back massage so I leave all summered up! Once I get home I plug my car in to get those all important extra few miles.

I spend an hour packing up most of the last bits of the kitchen, just leaving DH with a bit of cutlery and the odd plate. I also pack Max’s holiday bag which gets me very excited. I couldn’t resist buying this from Lidl for our last trip and it’s so handy. He’ll be going to his dog sitter for a couple of days when we get back if the house is ready to go. So just need to top up the food.

DH is taking his horse out competing tomorrow so we go down to do the horses, I potter about mucking out whilst he rides then plaits his horse and puts water on the horse box etc.

Then home. I make us something to eat, it’s getting random so tonight is home made chicken goujons with a jacket with beans and cheese 😂 I then pack up a few more bits and bobs with some wine. Then early to bed.

Saturday 12th June

Wake up, and make coffees.

The good thing about eventing is that you walk MILES and the dog gets completely exhausted, so hopefully he’ll sleep all the way tomorrow!

We’re at an event called Berriewood today which is about 2 hours away. We meet our friend (and usual dog sitter) down the yard, with her two dogs, and load the horse and off we go.

It’s a very long day in the sunshine (I get very burned) and we don’t get back to the yard until 7.30pm at which point we have a stableyard of horses to sort so it’s well after 8 by the time we get home. Shower the pollen off, after sun up then chill with a Chinese takeaway and a glass of wine, before going to bed very late for me at 11.

Sunday 13th June

Up nice and early, got a long way to go. Load the car, all my chargers and everything. And then take Max for a very quick walk with DH to feed the ducks. Pack the car up and we’re off before 8.
Everything is going really well, I hit half way around 9.30, then Scotland around 10. I decide to wait until the chargers after Gretna so that I can get plenty of juice on the car. And this is when it starts to get a bit stressful. The car starts losing miles rapidly, far faster than so far in the journey, probably just because of a big stretch of motorway driving. I stop at the next services and the one charger is in use and only giving 11kwh so would be 6 hours to charge the car. I’ll reach the next one but will be in trouble if it doesn’t work, so I follow the car directions to a charger in the nearby village which is there, but just won’t connect via the app.
So the next services it is. I crawl there and get there and it won’t connect there either. I’m getting teary as I’m on a motorway with 40 miles left on the car. I plug it in anyway and phone the hotline who says it’s lost connection but it will charge just slightly slower but free. Phew. I thankfully am first in a run of people having the same rotten luck so I get the one half working charger first.

I give it 45 mins and walk Max. I go to get a Starbucks but the queue in enormous and the car is parked in the sun so we both have wee’s and water, then set off as we’re still 40 mins south of Glasgow. I have 188 miles on the car now so decide to just head on. I made a sandwich so I eat that in the car.

We arrive and park up, and I sun cream up, and grab everything I need for Max, then set off walking across Queens Park to a pub we booked. The park is so lovely.A turns up within minutes of arriving and it’s so nice to see him. We watch the England match with 3 pints of Strongbow and 2 Guinness between us £19.50 then head off for a walk.

We walk through the park and I decide to let Max off for a second as it’s so hot.

He has a dunk in the duck pond then we wander a while until we find another dog friendly pub where we watch the Austria match and chat. We get 3 rounds of drinks in here and it’s £25.95.
Max has behaved so well as I have literally driven for hours with him, then expected him to be good around Glasgow city centre. But he’s been an angel.

A is at work at the crack of dawn so he walks part way back with us then I call him an Uber as I have a voucher on my app. This was £4.01.

Arriving at the hotel all I’ve had is a sandwich all day so I ask about food. Apparently I missed last orders in the beer garden which is the dog friendly bit but they really kindly let me order from the restaurant menu and bring it out, I have a wine, fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding (which I forget to take a photo of but is really nice. This comes to £25.90.

I’m knackered by this point so very quick walk round the park, then to bed for both of us. The hotel room is lovely. Ordered a budget double and it’s perfect.

Total miles travelled 217 in the car, a couple on foot
Total spent £85.90 (excluding the hotel)
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I love that Max has a holiday bag! A bit stressful with the car charger, thankfully you managed to get it sorted. A long day but dinner looked good. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I love that Max has a holiday bag! A bit stressful with the car charger, thankfully you managed to get it sorted. A long day but dinner looked good. 😁
He does 😂

It’s one of these

offers.kd2/en/gb/lidl/phcUh/

So handy, compartments for everything. I think Milo might need one 😂
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
He does 😂

It’s one of these

offers.kd2/en/gb/lidl/phcUh/

So handy, compartments for everything. I think Milo might need one 😂
That bag is brilliant! I am absolutely going to have to get Milo his own bag now. 😂
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List