Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jun 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellejay156
VIP Dibber

What do you take from the uk?

So what do people take tat you cannot get there

Saw some posts of the uk 🇬🇧 shopping isle. And Robinson squash / cordial was like $8. Heinz Baked beans were really expensive to and they have pork in them.

Do Americans not really drink cordial? I've found it's not really a thing across Europe. Neither are baked beans in France. So we generally take a few tins for the odd cooked breakfast. Last few times to France.we have taken the mini squeezy bottles.

I assume you would just need to declare them on arrival.
Ellejay156 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We do take our own instant coffee as we don't like the brands readily available over there. We're in a villa so can consume quite a few cups over 4 weeks.

But to answer your final paragraph. Yes you must declare if asked by the IO. The short lived Automated Passport Kiosks at MCO asked whether you were bringing in food but they disappeared in 2018. The old customs forms have also been discontinued so there's no "formal" way of declaring unless you're asked at immigration.

Mick

PS
You need to click on the middle topic

help.cbp.gov/s/sidebar-top-5...language=en_US

Edited at 10:16 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellejay156
VIP Dibber

Thank you.

We are big coffee drinkers. Son love a cuppa tea. I've heard their tea isn't great either. What's a common brand over there.
Ellejay156 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We have a big box of PG tips in our owners locker. That’s it though for UK things.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 10:59 AM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ellejay156 View Post
Thank you.

We are big coffee drinkers. Son love a cuppa tea. I've heard their tea isn't great either. What's a common brand over there.
Neither of us drink tea but I think Liptons is the big brand over there but make sure you buy for HOT tea as there's probably 5,000 varieties of ready mixed iced tea.
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

We don't take coffee as we use the coffee machine in the villa. As for tea Margaret likes it weak so Liptons is fine!
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don't take anything but I'm normally staying onsite with dining so no need. If I was staying offsite or in a villa, there's nothing I'm that fussy over brand wise that I can't find something suitable over there. And trying their foods is all part of the fun for me, so I wouldn't really want to pack anything.

Squash as we know it isn't that common, but powdered drink mixes are easy to find and very similar taste wise. Crystal Light is my favourite. I'm not a tea drinker but they seem to have quite a few British brands available. Might be cheaper to pack, but prices didn't look that bad - $4 for a box of Yorkshire Tea for example.

Edited at 10:57 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

In all the years we have been going I have never taken any food/drink items from the UK. I usually just buy some instant coffee at the supermarket from the international food isle. I take it if you declare to the IO that you have instant coffee that they are fine with this?
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

I don't drink tea while I'm over there but my family always brings a pack with them as they just can't get on with Liptons at all. My sister also brings Marmite with her, as we normally have a villa or suite with kitchen it means we can make breakfasts in the morning and she does love her marmite... Not me though, she can have that all to herself
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
In all the years we have been going I have never taken any food/drink items from the UK. I usually just buy some instant coffee at the supermarket from the international food isle. I take it if you declare to the IO that you have instant coffee that they are fine with this?
Never had a problem declaring coffee unless you count the sarcastic IO comment "you can buy that stuff here sir"

Really I respond - you'll be telling me next that you have colour TV.

Mick