Old 5 Jul 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Will we get there? Mallorca July 2021. Day 2

I was woken today at 6.30am by Martha so I took her out into the living area. After she'd had a bottle of milk she dozed off again so we both climbed into the day bed and went back to sleep, getting up at 8.15am. Aaron and Edith woke at a similar time and we quickly got ready and head down to breakfast.

Offerings were similar to yesterday, except today there were waffles and syrup. Yum.

Aaron took Martha to grabbed us sunbeds and I took Edith upstairs to get her ready and pack the bag for some pool time.

We all went in today, even Martha. I didn't get any photos though as I was in the water too.

Nearing midday, we got ready and walked into town. We had seen the military planes coming and going all morning and we timed our walk right as one came into land in the sea just as we approached.

First on the agenda was getting Edith an ice cream, it seems to be the best motivation for the walk. This time she wanted a chocolate one and it had to be in a cone. I didn't have time for a pic before it melted and got everywhere.

Then we found a playground which she had a quick play on before we head to Cafe 1919 for lunch.

This is another favourite spot, just somewhere that seems to have the right feel. A gorgeous seafront cafe serving coffee, fresh cakes and lunch. We shared a club sandwich and some patatas bravas. It fed all 4 of us and Martha also had a baby pouch. Aaron and I shared a litre of Sangria and Edith had a milk.

Edith was kept entertained with some YouTube playdough videos once she had eaten. Honestly, where did my baby go?

We walked back towards the hotel. Aaron grabbed a Pistachio ice cream and he and Edith had a dip in the sea. It was very hot today, 33 degrees. They found a cute little crab.

Back at the hotel we had cold showers and relaxed for a bit.

At about 7, we head put for food. We had seen a nearby place that had an online menu that looked good so we head there. The sun was still so hot. When we got there we ordered drinks, Sangria for me and beer for Aaron, and got given a very basic menu, nothing like the one online. It just had a title, ie, a ribeye steak with no information as to what accompaniments it came with. We took the risk. Aaron ordered a ribeye, I had a goats cheese salad and when I enquired about a children's menu we were told it was spag bol or salmon so we ordered the pasta. Hopes were low but omg, what a surprise. Definitely a case of not judging a book by its cover (or menu quality). Aarons steak must have been 16oz and my salad was beautiful. Edith adored her pasta too. One of those meals where expectations were low but the meal was absolutely exceptional.

Once we paid we walked back to the hotel via the seafront as the sun was setting and it looked so beautiful. We did have to rush off in the end as Edith was so excited for the mini disco again.

We made it in time and had a drink while she had a boogie. Ill just say here that we have half board at the hotel but we are yet to be charged for drinks. The card machine os either broken, or low on battery ect. Not sure if we are the only non all inclusive family but they don't want to charge us for anything.

Martha was getting very tired by now so we head up to the room and popped her into bed. The rest of us followed at 10.30pm.

Edited at 09:45 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Lovely day! I think I was at Cafe 1919 last May, or rather the last May of before times. Very nice.

Your girls are gorgeous, such lovely photos.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

It looks like you’re all having a lovely time
I read your travel day and day 1 yesterday and forgot to comment 😊
It’s so nice to read a trip report and I’m looking forward to day 3
Old 6 Jul 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hiya, I must have missed that you've got a new baby daughter, congratulations. Gorgeous girls, Edith is your double. Glad you're having a good time, it's so good to read a trip report again

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Another lovely day and wow your evening meal looks amazing!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a lovely day
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Edith is doing well with the walk - maybe I need to offer my teens an ice cream after a walk next time we’re on holiday in the sun - they always say it’s too hot!

Your evening meal looks delicious
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

What a treat to be reading a trip report again, thank you so much for posting.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a lovely days , the girls are super cute and very photogenic
Those patato bravas look delicious 😋
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Lovely day! I think I was at Cafe 1919 last May, or rather the last May of before times. Very nice.

Your girls are gorgeous, such lovely photos.
It's a lovely spot for a drink or two. Thankyou

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
It looks like you’re all having a lovely time
I read your travel day and day 1 yesterday and forgot to comment 😊
It’s so nice to read a trip report and I’m looking forward to day 3
Thanks for reading along

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Hiya, I must have missed that you've got a new baby daughter, congratulations. Gorgeous girls, Edith is your double. Glad you're having a good time, it's so good to read a trip report again
Thankyou, yes Martha has been a real pandemic baby and it feels great now that we can get her out into the world and show her off.

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Another lovely day and wow your evening meal looks amazing!
It was beautiful food! Thanks for reading along.

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a lovely day
It certainly was.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Edith is doing well with the walk - maybe I need to offer my teens an ice cream after a walk next time we’re on holiday in the sun - they always say it’s too hot!

Your evening meal looks delicious
An ice cream works for me!

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
What a treat to be reading a trip report again, thank you so much for posting.
Thanks for reading along.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
What a lovely days , the girls are super cute and very photogenic
Those patato bravas look delicious 😋
Thankyou. The potatoes were delicious!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List