Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

I used to get very seasick on ferries, small boats etc, and was worried about cruising. However, cruise ships are really different to ferries. They have stabilisers, and unless the sea is really really rough then the majority of time you don't even know you're moving.

Hopefully you won't get sick, but as others have mentioned there are lots of medication and solutions you can try, or the injection as the last resort.

Have a wonderful cruise, hopefully it will be the first of many!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I used to get very seasick on ferries, small boats etc, and was worried about cruising. However, cruise ships are really different to ferries. They have stabilisers, and unless the sea is really really rough then the majority of time you don't even know you're moving.

Hopefully you won't get sick, but as others have mentioned there are lots of medication and solutions you can try, or the injection as the last resort.

Have a wonderful cruise, hopefully it will be the first of many!
Exactly the same! I only got sea sick once and it was really rough (crew were also getting sick). The sea sick bands I found worked well and there are tablets you can get onboard too which I found worked well. Drink ginger ale with meals (free on most lines) as that also helps. Fingers crossed you wont need the injection. Oh and also acupunture is meant to be good for it and lots of ships offer this in the spa!
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The injection is Phenergan, try to get your own online, and take it before bed the night before sailing, it works a treat, I was the worst sailor ever before I had the injection, I asked what it was and then for the next cruise took my own. I flew home from a cruise once to give you an idea of how bad
I was…. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
The injection is Phenergan, try to get your own online, and take it before bed the night before sailing, it works a treat, I was the worst sailor ever before I had the injection, I asked what it was and then for the next cruise took my own. I flew home from a cruise once to give you an idea of how bad
Oh thank you! I will definitely have a look. X

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Thanks again. Did you buy the injection from the uk or get the tablets? If so where from thanks

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Thanks again. Did you buy the injection from the uk or get the tablets? If so where from thanks
I used a reputable online pharmacy to buy the tablets. As with all antihistamines be aware they do make you drowsy, take before bed.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Shame we can't get to the US I buy my anti sickness meds over there - it's called Bonine. Never had a problem when taking this
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I used a reputable online pharmacy to buy the tablets. As with all antihistamines be aware they do make you drowsy, take before bed.
Thank you so much 😊