Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Jul 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Glad you got there in the end!

I’m on a sat off on our check in day, from reading everyone’s experiences, I’m not getting up at 5 am, will just take our chances later.
The only reason I got up at 5am was to be sure we got show times, but i havent heard of that being an issue.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
The only reason I got up at 5am was to be sure we got show times, but i havent heard of that being an issue.
There's only myself and my daughter so I think I'm just going to take my chances with it all. I'm hoping that 2 seats together at the early show (we've gone for late dining) will be an easier thing to get.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Glad you got there in the end, I am worried as I am meant to be at work that day so I can’t fart around. Will have to work at home, lol. I only want an early PAT time, not bothering with the show as we have seen it. But that seems to be the one thing that depends on loading all these photos! 😩

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDavid
Earning More Ears

Disneys IT is a mess
Got boarding group 1 but has no PAT time on it, rang Disney no help.
Out of three of us only one so far has had photo's approved, other two still pending after two weeks
DisneyDavid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Take it you are both on the Aug 9th cruise?

We are too. I gave up yesterday but managed today and got a PAT of 1:45

Didn’t get show times though, only late showings available and we are on second dinner seating.

You would think given lower first numbers there would be plenty of availability, hoping to get it sorted on board but annoyed we now have to spend first hour or so queueing rather than having fun!
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
Take it you are both on the Aug 9th cruise?

We are too. I gave up yesterday but managed today and got a PAT of 1:45

Didn’t get show times though, only late showings available and we are on second dinner seating.

You would think given lower first numbers there would be plenty of availability, hoping to get it sorted on board but annoyed we now have to spend first hour or so queueing rather than having fun!
Oh dear, it sounds like people are still not getting the message that they need to book the opposite show to their dining time. You would think DCL would just lock it off.

Give them a call, they may be able to sort something.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
thecube
Having Dinner with Goofy

We had a very similar experience yesterday with our check in. We started at 5am for 3 people and eventually got done at 12pm. Got a POT of 1.15 & boarding group 6.
My advice is get your shows booked first, then do your online check in. We tried laptop, iPad & iPhone. No joy at all with iPhone , iPad & laptop we got some joy. Driving licence photo seemed to work easier than a passport photo. With your photos make sure all are taken in natural light with no shadows on them. Lastly don’t stress when it doesn’t work, will probably mean everyone is in the same boat (literally! )
thecube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I think it might have been worse because the US test cruise check ins were on the same day!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We had it the other way around - check in was fine, done by 5:15am and I got the same PAT as you (1pm). (I guess if nobody else can check in either, then the early PATs are still available.)

My problem was that I’d wasted time at the start trying to book the show first after seeing that was the advice from earlier cruisers. (It only meant we missed out on the 12:45 PAT while I was trying to book the show though, so not the end of the world.) The booking system was broken for our cruise for the first 4 hours, and only started working just before 9am. I was lucky to see on my cruise group that it was finally up and running just as I was starting work!

I got the show time we needed, plus a kids club time that was ok but not ideal. A better one came up the next day, but I still can’t cancel the one I don’t want. Not sure why - I can cancel the show (not that I want to!) but not the kids club (that I do want to!)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Oh dear, it sounds like people are still not getting the message that they need to book the opposite show to their dining time. You would think DCL would just lock it off.

Give them a call, they may be able to sort something.
It doesn’t seem that’s the problem on the 9 august cruise, which is the one being talked about here - from the fb group it appears some people are being told there’s nothing left but others can see availability so again IT issues.

I was relatively lucky - even going in at 5am I couldn’t get the kids club times I wanted - they are very high demand! - it did get some half decent times as well as show slots and “only” waited 2.5 hours to check in 3 people. Disney have now popped up a message to apologise as it seems there is a genuine issue and it’s also being suggested by others it was worse than the test cruise. I do hope they sort it soon…
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List