Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jul 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Before you go, I would recommend looking at how many flights are landing at the same time as yours on arrival, and if there are likely to be large numbers of people disembarking around the same time, I would definitely opt to pay for fast track entry (though obviously you would still be waiting for everyone else when sat on the coach).

We landed when 2 other planes hit the tarmac, and had a 2 hour queue to get through - it was so hot and sweaty in the arrivals hall, the queues moved so slowly (this is the Caribbean), and we got bitten to death by mosquitos (so very least take some repellent in your hand luggage if you can). Not the best start to you holiday !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Before you go, I would recommend looking at how many flights are landing at the same time as yours on arrival, and if there are likely to be large numbers of people disembarking around the same time, I would definitely opt to pay for fast track entry (though obviously you would still be waiting for everyone else when sat on the coach).

We landed when 2 other planes hit the tarmac, and had a 2 hour queue to get through - it was so hot and sweaty in the arrivals hall, the queues moved so slowly (this is the Caribbean), and we got bitten to death by mosquitos (so very least take some repellent in your hand luggage if you can). Not the best start to you holiday !
Thank you. I've just looked at flights landing today and there are loads from the USA. We are due to land about 3pm and there are quite a few between 2pm and 4pm. So I assume it will be the same a week today. I'll look into the fast track entry.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

A few years ago I was lucky enough to be sent to Jamaica for work, touring the primary schools. We flew into and out of Montego Bay, but then moved out of the tourist areas.

We did Dunns River Falls, rum factory, had dinner in a gorgeous plantation house, but was mostly work.

Take Mossie spray and any sun creams etc as things like that can be really expensive.

Every day for lunch we were served chicken and rice and beans and it was gorgeous.

Also went to Sunday mass in Montego Bay and were made so welcome. The people are so friendly.

If you leave the hotel though, make sure you know where you are going as it isn't advisable to stray into certain areas.

Enjoy, you will have a great time!
Old 23 Jul 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Just got a great deal with Tui for the 29th July! Did originally have a holiday booked for Majorca but didn’t realise my passport was older than 10 years 🙈 … anyway thanks to this thread we are now off to Jamaica 🇯🇲 🎉
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Thanks srh DH was talking about needing lots of mosquito repellent as he'd been doing some reading on Jamaica and I was able to say we definitely did need it as people on the Dibb had advised me to take it... he rolled his eyes but I'm really grateful for your tips.

Oh Yay for you SamShakes I hope you have a fun trip. See you out there

I did our Jamaica travel authorisation forms last night. It was time consuming as there were lots of questions, similar to the ESTA. So, give yourself time to do this without feeling rushed. Everyone in the travel party needs their own individual form even kids. There is no fee and the questions aren't difficult, e.g. will you be bringing fruit are into the country, have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID, plus passport and home address etc but it does take time to fill in. The bonus is there is no fee and ours were approved virtually instantly, which was very reassuring, literally 5 seconds after submitting I had the email confirmation through.

So, we are now one step closer to travel. Just the dreaded covid tests prior to the flight so we can get our fit to fly certificates.

On the plus side, I've now broken up from school. Hurrah! We must be one of the last to break up. I'm celebrating with a mini bottle of Prosecco that was gifted to me it's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Definitely time for bubbles! You have broken up late, we broke up yesterday 🥳 …. I can’t wait, I’ve booked our test package with TUI and have booked the Antigen (lateral flow) locally for two days before we travel

Now to do more research ….
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
Definitely time for bubbles! You have broken up late, we broke up yesterday 🥳 …. I can’t wait, I’ve booked our test package with TUI and have booked the Antigen (lateral flow) locally for two days before we travel

Now to do more research ….
Just done our Visas.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I hope all of you going have a wonderful time!

Following along for various options for us later this year
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh Yay for you SamShakes I hope you have a fun trip. See you out there

Which Riu did you book?
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
Which Riu did you book?
Riu Negril for us

Got to get the cases down from the loft and do some packing this weekend