Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Jul 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
PCR test for Barbados

Seen a good trip for us as we know Barbados well. However we would need a health care professionally adminstered PCR test carried out no more than 72 hours prior to arriving. There doesn't appear to be any suitable places in the North West of England. I’ve been looking on the list of gov certified places as that’s a requirement too. The ones I have found all seem to be either postal or self administered ones or advise 5 days before to ensure results. Does anyone know of any by any chance?
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
danny68
Apprentice Imagineer

danny68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Have you looked at Express Test, they have a location in Manchester and also Burnley. We will be using them for our trip to Barbados in January (fingers crossed!)
2008 Port Orleans Riverside
2015 Terra Verde & RPR
danny68 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks, I’ll look into them. A few mixed reviews online but I’ll research a bit
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am in West Yorkshire and having same problem, was hoping our local Boots did it but they dont

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cracker
Earning More Ears

We just got back from barbados yesterday and used express test in leeds for our PCR test also recommend using fast track for arrival we used five star they were brilliant got through the airport in no time
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by cracker View Post
We just got back from barbados yesterday and used express test in leeds for our PCR test also recommend using fast track for arrival we used five star they were brilliant got through the airport in no time
We are due to fly out to Barbados on 22nd August. Could you please let me know if you need a test at the hotel before you fly home and how much it costs please. It’s an absolute minefield, not to mention the extortionate cost for 4 people

Thank you for your help.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday and the restrictions weren’t too bad x
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pink glitter View Post
We are due to fly out to Barbados on 22nd August. Could you please let me know if you need a test at the hotel before you fly home and how much it costs please. It’s an absolute minefield, not to mention the extortionate cost for 4 people
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I am in the middle of the same minefield and have spent the last couple of days finding info.

We are flying to Barbados on 12 Aug.

Where I live I can get a clinic appointment but when reading the small print it states that these are still self administered tests so not sure if these will be acceptable.

If the test has to be performed by a Healthcare professional I can book it nearby but we're looking A LOT more expensive.

We've come to the conclusion that we will probably drive 30 miles to the nearest Express Test site - it can save me a total of around £150 as there's 4 of us and can also get it slightly cheaper when flying with Virgin using the code VIRGIN21.

You definitely need a test before leaving Barbados but we'll arrange those when we're there.

Jill

PS There's detailed information on barbados explaining what you need according to whether you're double vaccinated or not and procedures whilst there. Click on specific covid information at the very top of the page.
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
I'm willing to be proved wrong but I am in the middle of the same minefield and have spent the last couple of days finding info.

We are flying to Barbados on 12 Aug.

Where I live I can get a clinic appointment but when reading the small print it states that these are still self administered tests so not sure if these will be acceptable.

If the test has to be performed by a Healthcare professional I can book it nearby but we're looking A LOT more expensive.

We've come to the conclusion that we will probably drive 30 miles to the nearest Express Test site - it can save me a total of around £150 as there's 4 of us and can also get it slightly cheaper when flying with Virgin using the code VIRGIN21.

You definitely need a test before leaving Barbados but we'll arrange those when we're there.

Jill

PS There's detailed information on barbados explaining what you need according to whether you're double vaccinated or not and procedures whilst there. Click on specific covid information at the very top of the page.
Thanks for that Jill,

Shame I’m flying with BA

We’re going to our local airport for the tests before we go and I believe you can do a home test on day 2 after you return. I was just wondering what the cost of the test in Barbados would be to see if I need to re-mortgage my house to pay for them all
pink glitter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pink glitter View Post
Thanks for that Jill,

Shame I’m flying with BA

We’re going to our local airport for the tests before we go and I believe you can do a home test on day 2 after you return. I was just wondering what the cost of the test in Barbados would be to see if I need to re-mortgage my house to pay for them all
Have you checked BA website for discount deals?

Sorry no idea what the cost is in Barbados TBH, we have family there and, luckily, one of them is a Doctor so we'll take their advice.

I think you need to order the day 2 test for your return before you leave the UK, they're around £40/50pp. You can arrange for those to be delivered to your home address for use within 2 days (day 0 is the day you land).

We'll get there and I'm sure there's lots of help on here if we need it

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pink glitter
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Have you checked BA website for discount deals?

Sorry no idea what the cost is in Barbados TBH, we have family there and, luckily, one of them is a Doctor so we'll take their advice.

I think you need to order the day 2 test for your return before you leave the UK, they're around £40/50pp. You can arrange for those to be delivered to your home address for use within 2 days (day 0 is the day you land).

We'll get there and I'm sure there's lots of help on here if we need it

Jill
Thanks Jill,

I’m just checking BA website but I don’t think there are any centres near me.

I could have another holiday with the amount it’s costing for the tests, it’s crazy!