Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Love love love Celebrity. Weve never done any of the speciality restaurants as the food in the MDR has been good. I'm mega busy with work otherwise I'd have been on one of the staycation cruises. Martini bar is definitely one of our favourites.

They've upgraded the ship since the last time we were on, but we did have one if the alcoves the last time which was great- we got a good deal whilst in port in civitavecchia one day- you just had to pick a phone up to order your drinks and food.

We did want to try lawn club grill and Murano next time as the manu appeals.

Enjoy everyone!
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Yes I’ve upgraded just for me. Dh doesn’t really drink so no point for him.

I paid £53 extra to get the premium package.

Tbh I rarely drink but the martini bar looks so lovely that I’d like to be able to try those drinks and it wasn’t that much to upgrade so I thought why not.

Also after the last 16 months I probably need a drink 😂

I was so confused by the drinks packages and pricing but after chatting to some people on the fb page I think I understand it now. I was initially worried that all the menus were showing cocktails were more than the package covered but it turns out it’s because they had to add vat and as a result they’ve uplifted the amounts the packages cover. So turns out the classic does in fact cover most things.

Is it just the two of you?

I’m so looking forward to unwinding, but not letting myself get too excited incase something goes wrong and we don’t get there. Once we’ve done the PCR tests and dd is clear of school a few days I’m sure I’ll feel better.
I'm going to phone up tomorrow to upgrade the two of us. Then we can drink whatever we like and the martini bar does look very nice, and the pub good too. Plus the coffee shop, TBH, it all looks lovely!

It is just the two of us going. I think I've spotted you on the FB page (I'm not a stalker, promise) the Disney ears might have been a clue
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
Love love love Celebrity. Weve never done any of the speciality restaurants as the food in the MDR has been good. I'm mega busy with work otherwise I'd have been on one of the staycation cruises. Martini bar is definitely one of our favourites.

They've upgraded the ship since the last time we were on, but we did have one if the alcoves the last time which was great- we got a good deal whilst in port in civitavecchia one day- you just had to pick a phone up to order your drinks and food.

We did want to try lawn club grill and Murano next time as the manu appeals.

Enjoy everyone!
Thank you! I intend to enjoy every minute, it just takes a while to get my head around what's included with the different cruise companies and how the processes and procedures work. I've got to grips with MSC and Marella, but haven't got long to figure Celebrity out

The alcoves sound fantastic, definitely something to consider if it's busy on deck. I don't know how many passengers will be on our sailing, possibly 1,500 now the rules have relaxed a little.

There doesn't seem to be much about Celebrity Cruises on the Dibb which I thought was unusual. Obviously this is primarily a Disney travel forum but there is so much information that I start most of my holiday research here.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

We found celebrity by accident- we normally cruised with Royal, but due to work commitments and my nana passing away one year we left it too late and they were sold out, Celebrity came up and we loved them.

You are right though there never seems to be too much info about them, I just watched Emma Cruises vlog about her recent trip which was good.

I think they now do an all inclusive style price, so classic drinks (I think Emma cruises has info on her website about what's included) internet and grats are all included. I normally get confused about the drinks packages but to be fair have always upgraded before so can have what we like without worrying if our package covers it.

I dont think they are doing their famous silent discos at present because thats one thing I would recommend as they are usually good fun.
disney_l81 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I phoned yesterday and upgraded us both to premium drinks and I have to say, the two people from Celebrity that I've spoken to so far have been incredibly helpful, chatty and polite. My pre-cruise experience is worlds apart from MSC where there was nothing but problems and unhelpful customer services people.

The people from Celebrity weren't American but I could sense that their customer service was like I'd usually have with American holiday companies like the Disney call centre, it was fab!
Old 20 Jul 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I phoned yesterday and upgraded us both to premium drinks and I have to say, the two people from Celebrity that I've spoken to so far have been incredibly helpful, chatty and polite. My pre-cruise experience is worlds apart from MSC where there was nothing but problems and unhelpful customer services people.

The people from Celebrity weren't American but I could sense that their customer service was like I'd usually have with American holiday companies like the Disney call centre, it was fab!
I've found them great too. Have called quite a few times now and spoken to both the UK and US based staff, all have been lovely.

Yesterday I noticed that a better cabin was available for the same cost, phoned and they moved us no problem. I'll keep checking prices and availability of higher grade cabins and if the price drops or I can bag a Retreat cabin I'll be back on the phone

It really is a pleasure to deal with such friendly efficient staff. Makes a change from trying to get through to BA
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs_Potts
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I did exactly the same thing but for the 14th August sailing
2005 - Pop Century
2006 - Pop Century
2007 - Pop Century
Mrs_Potts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Muranos is a must, its very special, my favourite dishes were goats cheese souffle, and their crepe balon dessert, the piano bar just outside the entrance to murano is lovely too.

For more casual home style cooking, try the lawn club grill, the flatbread pizzas, surf n turf, baked potato and beans/salad etc, followed by warm cookie dough dessert mmmmm….

We absolutely love Celebrity and Silhouette is our favourite ship. Have fun! Off to look at these cruises myself now….

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I'm on Celebrity Silhouette at the moment (weather is pants, ship is excellent) and I've spotted something in the atrium that Dibbers will appreciate!

Old 2 Aug 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
I'm on Celebrity Silhouette at the moment (weather is pants, ship is excellent) and I've spotted something in the atrium that Dibbers will appreciate!

We’re onboard too 👋

Wish it was warmer but great time otherwise.

We’ve spotted a few hidden mickeys too 😂

Hoping the sun makes an appearance later 🤞
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List