Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Jul 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I've stayed at 2 of the Adaaran islands, Meedhupparu being one of them (but not in their water villas). Beautiful island, but I'm a little confused by your definition of all inclusive. Every Maldives holiday we've been on, you're allocated a restaurant & table, admittedly they get smaller and more intimate the better the accomodation, but it's still an allocated restaurant.

We stayed at the water villas at Adaaran Huduranfushi and they were amazing, whilst the island wasn't the best one I've stayed at, I wouldn't hesitate to go back. We had our butler, our allocated restaurant, table and waiter for dinner (as have with every Maldivian holiday), but breakfast (only) was served at the restaurant on the pier with the water villas. The butler would drive us over the the main part of the island in a golf buggy, which was always fun.

I'd expect the Meed water villas to be similar as it's the sister island.
Thank you

Some of the hotels seem to just have 1 single buffet restaurant or they give you a dining credit like $40 to eat at a la cartes. I’d hate this style of all inclusive as I’d like sit down a la carte meals fully included and not feel like I’m having to pay extra all the time.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
Thank you

Some of the hotels seem to just have 1 single buffet restaurant or they give you a dining credit like $40 to eat at a la cartes. I’d hate this style of all inclusive as I’d like sit down a la carte meals fully included and not feel like I’m having to pay extra all the time.
I've never stayed on an island where you had to pay extra for any meals - there was a very gorgeous coffee bar at the end of a pier on one island that wasn't included in the AI on Kuredu (although I don't think it's there anymore), that we did choose to pay extra for as just loved sitting out there at night, they'd shine a light into the water and the fish, rays would all come and swim there.

Kuredu has an underwater restaurant that you can pay extra for, but I have heard it's extortionate and not worth it Not been back since it opened.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yeah I remember us chatting about it
Either option would have been great
Emerald looks to be a bigger newer island. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back
Just hope to go...
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Some pics of our water villa on Hudhuranfushi, whilst not Meedhuparu, it's an Aadaran resort so I would imagine quite similar...

Bedroom

Bathroom

Our view

Back of the villa

Whilst not the water villas, this is Meedhuparu

Ocean's not too shabby...

Our beach bungalows, we actually chose Meed as the beach bungalows are semi detached, this usually puts me off, but as the kids were our neighbours, we made an exception

I'm pretty sure the water villas on Meed are semi detached also, so make sure that doesn't put you off.

The water villas

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Some pics of our water villa on Hudhuranfushi, whilst not Meedhuparu, it's an Aadaran resort so I would imagine quite similar...

Bedroom

Bathroom

Our view

Back of the villa

Whilst not the water villas, this is Meedhuparu

Ocean's not too shabby...

Our beach bungalows, we actually chose Meed as the beach bungalows are semi detached, this usually puts me off, but as the kids were our neighbours, we made an exception

I'm pretty sure the water villas on Meed are semi detached also, so make sure that doesn't put you off.

The water villas

Thank you! They both look beautiful. I’m going to have a look at the first island you stayed at now too.

Every time I look I feel my budget creeps up… 😂
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you! They both look beautiful. I’m going to have a look at the first island you stayed at now too.

Every time I look I feel my budget creeps up… 😂
Oh yes! It's so worth it though, by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, you'll have a lifetimes worth of memories. If you dive, the dive packages are pretty extortionate also but some incredible dive sites.

Definitely take your own masks, fins and snorkels for snorkelling, everything on the island is SO expensive, and it's not like you can shop around.

I can thoroughly recommend Tracy Pocock from Independent Travel Experts for Maldives holidays if you need a TA. You'll find her on Facebook, and often recommended on specific island groups. She actually thinks about things like marrying up your flight times with the sea plane transfers so you're not stuck on Male for hours, unlike MANY tour operators...

Old 24 Jul 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Oh yes! It's so worth it though, by far the most beautiful place I've ever been, you'll have a lifetimes worth of memories. If you dive, the dive packages are pretty extortionate also but some incredible dive sites.

Definitely take your own masks, fins and snorkels for snorkelling, everything on the island is SO expensive, and it's not like you can shop around.

I can thoroughly recommend Tracy Pocock from Independent Travel Experts for Maldives holidays if you need a TA. You'll find her on Facebook, and often recommended on specific island groups. She actually thinks about things like marrying up your flight times with the sea plane transfers so you're not stuck on Male for hours, unlike MANY tour operators...
Many, but not all tour operators ☺️ I’m also more than happy to look for you OP!

Also many islands (that we sell anyway, obviously I don’t know about ones that we don’t!) include hire of snorkel equipment in the all inclusive like PoohBears said, not all of them do though so definitely check that to make sure you’re not going to get stung if you don’t bring them.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Many, but not all tour operators ☺️ I’m also more than happy to look for you OP!

Also many islands (that we sell anyway, obviously I don’t know about ones that we don’t!) include hire of snorkel equipment in the all inclusive like PoohBears said, not all of them do though so definitely check that to make sure you’re not going to get stung if you don’t bring them.
Thank you!

Quick question: at Kuramathi, would it be possible to split stay between different room categories do you know, or is this not cost effective? I want to stay in a water villa, close to a reef if possible, but with the Select AI it’s coming out over my (very extended) budget! So wondering if it would be worth splitting with a cheaper room type for a few nights perhaps.
Old 24 Jul 21, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Sorry to hijack post but we are booked for Ayada at Easter 🤞 on their Crystal all inclusive this one ticked a lot of boxes for us and I was quite fussy but as Emerald and kuramathi were close second choices just wondered if anyone had feedback on this resort?
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thank you!

Quick question: at Kuramathi, would it be possible to split stay between different room categories do you know, or is this not cost effective? I want to stay in a water villa, close to a reef if possible, but with the Select AI it’s coming out over my (very extended) budget! So wondering if it would be worth splitting with a cheaper room type for a few nights perhaps.
100%! We do it quite a lot to be honest tend to do a garden/beach villa (any of the many types!) first and then a water villa to finish as the wow factor .

Kuramathi is one of the islands that includes the snorkelling equipment as well so that’s one less thing to worry about there.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List