Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cruise clothing stressing me out !

I have a staycation cruise booked for September. Channel Islands and French Coast. Not even sure what the weather may be like. It is 8 weeks away so highly unlikely I will lose 3 stone by then 😂 I don’t want to spend a fortune on clothes I won’t wear again either.

I guess normal holiday clothes by day and a different outfit each night ?

It’s actually putting me off going. I don’t really do fancy going out and the new wardrobe will end up costing more than the cruise !

Any recommendations as to what I should take. We have only done 2 cruises before. Royal Caribbean and Thomson and they didn’t seem as formal as P & O appear to be.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Hi

Don't stress! We are on that one too!

Normal holiday clothes anytime of day.

If we are eating in the stampede ooops buffet we wear "normal " clothes but if we are going to the main dining room or speciality restaurants we will dress up - dress and heels for me but you will also see people in their day wear or shorts/t-shirt etc.
I will also go for really nice dress for the formal night too.

DH - jeans/shorts for mdr, chinos or smarter trousers for speciality but with polo top or shirt and then full suit and tie for formal night.

It's really all quite casual during the day but as we're on holiday we do like to dress up in the evenings like we would anywhere else.

Bit you will also see people in ball gowns on formal night and full on dress during the day.

Xxxxx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This has made me chuckle. I can definitely relate!
I don’t like to wear dresses so I have decided I’m not going too.

I’ve got a few floaty tops that I already owned And also some linen ones. I’m going to pair these with plain trousers and some wedge sandals.

My smarter tops are from Roman originals and the linen ones are just from Amazon.

Similiar to these
roman/sparkle-embe...y-top-20037246

We are doing Disney so there is no formal night but I’d do the same with smarter trousers and more jewellery for formal night.

Just spotted you are P&O. We did a P&O a few years ago. I did wear a formal dress one evening. The second formal evening we went to the buffet, as we had afternoon tea and didn’t fancy a big meal.

On the other evenings I wore as I said above. If I did another p&o I would wear smart trousers on the formal night.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

I’ve got a few floaty tops that I already owned And also some linen ones. I’m going to pair these with plain trousers and some wedge sandals.

My smarter tops are from Roman originals and the linen ones are just from Amazon.

Similiar to these

We are doing Disney so there is no formal night but I’d do the same with smarter trousers and more jewellery for formal night.

Just spotted you are P&O. We did a P&O a few years ago. I did wear a formal dress one evening. The second formal evening we went to the buffet, as we had afternoon tea and didn’t fancy a big meal.

On the other evenings I wore as I said above. If I did another p&o I would wear smart trousers on the formal night.
They have some nice stuff on that site, have you bought from them before Bev? Good quality?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Don’t stress

pocruises/what-to-wear

Just normal holiday clothes in the day. In the evening what you would wear going somewhere nice when you are at home.

I note Katie68 said shorts and jeans for MDR,you can for breakfast or lunch, not for dinner, unless the jeans are smart dark denim.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

Similiar to these

I’ve bought from Roman when they had shops local to me, quality was always good.

Smart trousers and tops with a bit of sparkle very popular attire for woman.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Don’t stress

pocruises/what-to-wear

Just normal holiday clothes in the day. In the evening what you would wear going somewhere nice when you are at home.

I note Katie68 said shorts and jeans for MDR,you can for breakfast or lunch, not for dinner, unless the jeans are smart dark denim.
I have definitely seen people in the MDR in shorts and normal jeans - and some in really scruffy clothes too.

I don't think it's right but the only time they really enforce the "dress code" is on formal nights.

I personally wouldn't go to the mdr in scruffs as I see it as a night out but others don't seem to worry/care.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yes I have quite a few bits from Roman.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Personally I haven’t witnessed shorts and jeans in the MDR for the evening on my P&O cruises, but I guess it could depend on the Maitre’De.
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Personally I haven’t witnessed shorts and jeans in the MDR for the evening on my P&O cruises, but I guess it could depend on the Maitre’De.
Personally I have.

I've never seen anyone challenged on clothing other than just swimwear in the buffet.