Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Bit the bullet and booked for next year!

A 10 night in july/august with Royal Caribbean, we've only sailed Disney before and I'm genuinely worried RCI won't be up to standard. The price difference was massive though and kids will be 16 & nearly 12 so perhaps more for them to do?

Would love someone to tell me I definitely haven't just made an expensive mistake 😂 I've been dithering for so long and watching availability dwindle. It feels good to have something booked atleast.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Which ship did you book? We have been on the independence and the anthem, twice on the magic and 4 NCL cruises with DS between ages 13-18 and he loved them all! He always makes loads of friends and hangs out with them and we hardly see him!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Voyager of the seas 🙂 we're quite restricted to when we can go as we have one child who will be getting the GCSE results so need to be back for that but have another child still at school so can't go until term has finished.

Good to hear yours enjoyed it, there does look like there's loads to do for them.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

The price difference IS massive! Over half the price! I’ve been debating about whether to book a cruise. I really want to! I think DS13 would love it. Really worried about the whole Covid testing/vaccination issues. Do you have to be vaccinated to sail? We are, but DS is obviously not.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been on Freedom, Harmony and Mariner. We have also been on the Disney Dream. We enjoyed Disney but the kids were young. When we moved over to RC kids were that bit older and we all loved it. It's still an amazing cruise and I much prefer RC now to Disney. I dont get why people think RC is such an inferior product to Disney. We have Independence booked for next June as part of our Orlando holiday and all my gang are hyper. We will be visiting Coco Cay again which is just out of this world.

Edited at 08:20 AM.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Thanks for the responses 😊

We've had to alter our sailing due to the likelihood of GCSE results coming out earlier so now we only have 7 nights but same ship and sail July 24th. We'll hardly be scratching the surface of what the ship has to offer as it's a port intensive sailing but looking forward to giving it a go.
Old 30 Aug 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I’ve just come back from a cruise on Anthem - had an amazing time, so much to do onboard. I don’t think you will be disappointed with Royal Caribbean - I had such a good time, I’ve already booked to go again in October!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
The price difference IS massive! Over half the price! I’ve been debating about whether to book a cruise. I really want to! I think DS13 would love it. Really worried about the whole Covid testing/vaccination issues. Do you have to be vaccinated to sail? We are, but DS is obviously not.
There were over 800 kids/teens onboard last week, so under 18s do not need to be vaccinated - the only restriction was they can only go ashore on a prebooked excursion.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
There were over 800 kids/teens onboard last week, so under 18s do not need to be vaccinated - the only restriction was they can only go ashore on a prebooked excursion.
I am looking for next year, sailing from Miami to Nassau.

It would seem from September 2021, children over 12 require vaccination. Though it might change in November it states above.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We have done a few rci cruises now and love them. I have done navigator, oasis, allure X 2 and just got off the anthem. I can’t recommend rci highly enough.

Just to add a a different view… we had a big florida trip planned for next year (we are putting it back at least a year) which included a week on harmony out of cape canaveral. We would have been due to book flights now and I just had no confidence what the situation will look like next year. With the vaccination and testing rules for cruising from the US changing all of the time I couldn’t deal with the stress so have cancelled harmony and taken FCC’s for our deposits.

If these things all improve then we may consider booking something simpler nearer the time.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List