Notices

Old 9 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile Austria to Florida

Hello I am Kathrin from Vienna/ Austria. I searched for a forum for my Florida vacation planning and enjoyed so many of your trip reports. So thank you all Dibbers who are doing this great work . I really appreciate all your reports and advice.
So we are going as a family of four.
Me (37), DH (38, not so into Disney but likes to go on the rides and waterslides), DD (7 when we travel - loves everything Disney and specially Frozen and princesses), DS ( 16 months when we travel, does not know what Disney is, but I try to "introduce " him ).
We booked flights with BA from Vienna via LHR to Miami on 15th August , back on 4th September. We stay the first night in Miami and also the last one, just to avoid the stress going from and to the airport. We have booked fly and drive and have a premium SUV booked for the whole stay.
From 16th to 21st August we stay at The Grand Hotel in St.Petersburg directly at the beach and then 11 nights at AKL standard view with free dining and then 2 sneaky nights at Baylake Tower via DVC rentals. We have 14 day ultimate tickets, so these should last till our last day ( please tell me if I got this wrong).
TheTink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Plans for Disney so far (I had a look at the busy day guide, but we want to go for some EMH)
Friday 21st:
Arriving in the morning from St.Petersburg, short stop at the outlets just for Disney Character Warehouse ( autograph book, pins, ...), then check - in, leaving the baggage with bell service, first Fast passes at 4.p.m. - hopefully Frozen , Mission to Mars..
Saturday 22nd:
EMH at AKL
Dinner at Tusker House
Sunday 23rd:
MK: Breakfast at BOG ( 8.00 a.m.) , Dinner CRT
Monday 24th
HS : Dinner Mama Melrose with Fantasmic Package
Tuesday:
A little lie in, Blizzard Beach, then AK in the afternoon
Wednesday 26th:
Epcot: late Lunch Akershus
Thursday 27th:
Breakfast Trattoria am Forno, then Typhoon Lagoon, then HS just for Fast Passes.
Friday28th:
EMH MK: Lunch Tony's Town Square Parade Package
Saturday 29th:
EMH AK ( if we can manage it)
Sunday 30th:
HS , then Storybook Dinner
Monday 31st:
Epcot with Garden Grill Lunch or Dinner
Tuesday 1st.:
Morning at the pool, Lunch Santa then change of hotels and MNSSHP ( hope the dates are released soon)
Wednesday 2nd:
Lie in, waterpark, then, MK
Thursday: Check out and whatever park we fancy late afternoon drive to Miami

I know that we have to be flexible, with two young kids, but we have been to DLP twice and our DD is always on the go, even if she is tired , she wants to experience everything and ride every ride. Our youngest is used to a lot of people and noise and can sleep in his stroller everywhere.
I just changed the first Sunday and Monday planning due to changes of EMH at HS , wanted to do MK on Monday first, but changed this yesterday.
Any tips , advice , ... very appreciated.
One ADR is yet to be planned cannot decide if I should wait for Space 220 or go for Crystal Palace , or Park fare - or anything else you think would be the best...
Please post your comments, opinions,...
My ADR day is the 23rd and I hope I can get all my reservations as planned.
Thanks in advance, Kathrin
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It looks like you have some really good plans there. We are wanting Space 220 too but I think I'm going to book something else for now and will cancel to book Space if and when we find out more about it.

You may find that the heat gets a bit much to stay in the park all day but when staying onsite it is easy enough to pop back to the hotel for a rest or a dip in the pool during the hottest part of the day and then go back to the parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TheTink
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thats the plan - we just wanna stay how long we can manage it . We are normally early risers due to our youngest, so not many fireworks for us, but maybe DH stays in hotel while I go back to this with DD . We will see.
DD does not know where we are going, she knows that we are flying to Florida , but does not know that there is WDW. We really want to make this a surprise, so I really hope for a Frozen Fast Pass on our first day.
I will also book a restaurant and cancel if I can get Space 220 - but even as a placeholder I cannot decide - Crystal Palace or Park Fare Breakfast - and when should I plan it. It should fit into our plans if Space 220 is not available or 2 credits - any suggestions for this decision ?
Old 9 Feb 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

We have enjoyed Crystal Palace. We've only ever done breakfast but I think it would probably fit best as lunch/dinner on Tuesday 2nd.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Great plans...we are a family that is always on the go on holiday. I think just siting there in the room gets boring so we end up doing extra things or nipping back our even without having it added into the plan lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like it's going to be a fun trip. Good idea to book the hotel at the start and end to avoid the long drive with the little ones being tired, actually and for the older ones too! I hope you have a brilliant time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List