Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Sep 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Heathrow Parking

Hi all

Just making some arrangements for next year

I have never parked at Heathrow before and wondered who people generally leave their cars with.

I would prefer to leave it in a secure compound but I don't like the idea of Meet and Greet. I would like them to just park it in their compound once we have the suitcases out.

We normally use APH at Gatwick and like the set up there.

Thanks for any help.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

That sounds like Purple parking on Bath Road. It is secure, covered parking, right next door to the Premier Inn. You hand them the keys as you arrive and park up. They load your bags and shuttle you to the terminal.

We use this service, Prem Inn and Purple, every time. We even count it as part of the vacation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That sounds like Purple parking on Bath Road. It is secure, covered parking, right next door to the Premier Inn. You hand them the keys as you arrive and park up. They load your bags and shuttle you to the terminal.

We use this service, Prem Inn and Purple, every time. We even count it as part of the vacation.
Brilliant, thank you. Being totally unfamiliar with Heathrow, is it easy to access from T3 please?

Last time I flew from LHR was my honeymoon in 2001 😁

Thanks again
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes.
Have a look at their site and it explains pick up in a shuttle both ways.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

This is where I have booked for my trip tomorrow as right next to the premier inn. Just get on the right shuttle
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

Thanks for that, just booked for end of October. Bargain price.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

We used Purple Parking on Bath Road last week, no problems at all.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

Im trying to decide whether to use there meet and greet or not as im reading a fair few bad reviews about the meet and greet, but we are a family of 4 who bring a lot of luggage and it sounds ideal.

Is the shuttle to and from the car park a bus? The shuttles weve used in gatwick have all been very busy buses and it makes the end of the holiday pretty horrid (please no smart replies about pack less).

TIA
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Hi,

Im trying to decide whether to use there meet and greet or not as im reading a fair few bad reviews about the meet and greet, but we are a family of 4 who bring a lot of luggage and it sounds ideal.

Is the shuttle to and from the car park a bus? The shuttles weve used in gatwick have all been very busy buses and it makes the end of the holiday pretty horrid (please no smart replies about pack less).

TIA
Its a Hoppa type bus that tows a box trailer with your luggage inside. These run very regularly.

They do not overcrowd it and the driver generally helps with the luggage.

It is IMHO a good service.

Old 7 Oct 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
Hi,

TIA
What did the bad reviews say? We are looking to book this next year as well...
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List