Notices

Old 1 Jul 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sorry you have had to cancel and re schedule your trip for next summer. I hope you're feeling a little better about it now. It's such a shame that all out plans have had to be changed. You will get your travel day and the holiday will be fun you will just have to wait a little bit longer. But it will come.
Thank you. I'm okay with it. I hated the uncertainty and now I feel much better. Now I feel I can look forward and get excited rather than feeling anxious 🙂
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your holiday too but I know what you mean about it being better than the uncertainty. It's a shame that you've had to shorten your holiday but I'm sure than after all this we will all make the most of it. Is your other brother and his girlfriend not able to go with you any more?
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear your plans had to change also. We felt much better once the final decision was made. I shouldn’t have logged into the Dibb today as it reminded me we should have been heading to narcoosees for dinner with the 4th July fireworks tonight 😫
We need some positive vibes for next aug now! We will be at CBR for some of the same days as you... all being well.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your holiday too but I know what you mean about it being better than the uncertainty. It's a shame that you've had to shorten your holiday but I'm sure than after all this we will all make the most of it. Is your other brother and his girlfriend not able to go with you any more?
No they're sadly not. I think it's because they want to save up to get married and an expensive holiday like that a year later will only delay it further.
Old 4 Jul 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Sorry to hear your plans had to change also. We felt much better once the final decision was made. I shouldn’t have logged into the Dibb today as it reminded me we should have been heading to narcoosees for dinner with the 4th July fireworks tonight 😫
We need some positive vibes for next aug now! We will be at CBR for some of the same days as you... all being well.
Oh no! I'm worried I'll get upset on the 7th August when we were supposed to go. We've booked a cottage in the cotswolds for the 8th for a week then we're doing a UK theme park tour so I'm hoping that'll ease the holiday blues.

Hopefully we will see you at CBR next year. I've read your trippies so I reckon I could recognise you all!
Old 5 Jul 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
No they're sadly not. I think it's because they want to save up to get married and an expensive holiday like that a year later will only delay it further.
That's a shame but understandable.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

So today is the day we were supposed to fly to Florida 😥 Instead I'm going to work but we won't let the holiday blues get us as we are going on a 2 week UK-based holiday instead tomorrow plus the weather is going to so hot, we can pretend we're in Florida 😅 It's not the summer we dreamed of but I'm grateful that we are healthy, have each other and both have jobs so we can afford to go somewhere this year.

How are the other July/August peeps doing?

Edited at 05:48 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

I haven't updated in a while as there's not been much to report and tbh my heart hasn't been in it. Part of me feels we may never go so I don't want to let myself get excited about planning etc.

We have booked our flights with AA, but flying with BA, flying out from London Gatwick at 10.50am on Saturday 7th August, arriving in Orlando at 3.10pm. Then flying back on Saturday 21st at 7.55pm, arriving back in the UK on Sunday 22nd at 9.10am. All direct and only £2400 for the 4 of us so cheaper than our 2020 booking which was indirect on the way back and cost £2700.

We've also just cancelled and rebooked CBR after Dh discovered it was £500 cheaper on the current offer and we'd get a $200 gift card. All positive and something to get excited about, if it all goes ahead.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We're looking at going out on the 7th Aug. Thinking about booking Disney today.

Great flights.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
We're looking at going out on the 7th Aug. Thinking about booking Disney today.

Great flights.
That's great! 🙂 Where are you planning to stay?