Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Oct 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

So glad I've seen this, was about to buy but going to hold out now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The official price for 2018 tickets are £419 (Adult). Surely, nobody pays that?

Sub £300 is my target price.
If I hadn’t ordered mine from Thomas cook then I would pay that. I don’t actually think Disney tickets are over priced for what they give you access to. You can visit 4 theme parks and 2 water parks as many times as you want for 14 days.
If it’s too expensive don’t go, have a different type of holiday.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
If I hadn’t ordered mine from Thomas cook then I would pay that. I don’t actually think Disney tickets are over priced for what they give you access to. You can visit 4 theme parks and 2 water parks as many times as you want for 14 day
If it’s too expensive don’t go, have a different type of holiday.
I think a lot of people will think £419 is very expensive.

I still expect to pay £300 or less.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

What happens if you can’t pay less than £300?
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Is anybody looking at the Floridatix free cancellation offer? You can pay deposit only still but it's free cancellation rather than £35. They aren't the cheapest (£400 per Adult after 2% cashback)
Old 17 Oct 17, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I think a lot of people will think £419 is very expensive.

I still expect to pay £300 or less.
The current 2017 tickets cost £370 on Disney's website and some third-party websites are selling them for £345. Therefore, the majority of people are paying between £345 and £370 for their tickets currently.

Unless Disney do the 25% offer again, the 2018 tickets will not be less than £350. You may be disappointed if you expect to pay £300 or less.

I think £300 is expensive and spending over £5K on the whole holiday is also expensive. I still pay it though. So do a lot of other people.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Picklepuppy View Post
What happens if you can’t pay less than £300?
I will do Universal and Sea World/Busch gardens.

I expect there will be a sale in December just after the free dining ends. There will also be a sale on hotel rooms - usually a couple of nights free

Might be wrong
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando18
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
if pay the £10 deposit and the £10 win win, if they go down that means i get money back right? I'm gonna see how much they are in black friday and then book and if go down i get money off?

By “win win” do you mean the deal that Attrcations tickets direct had on? If so, my wife called them last week and they’ve stopped doing it...
Orlando18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
delboybloomer
Getting Excited

Just booked to go back after nearly 10 years!
Was looking to buy tickets this month... I will wait and see if the offer comes back!
November 2013 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Aug 2008 & Dec 2009 - Best Western lakeside,
delboybloomer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
iang27
Getting Excited

We stopped doing Disney a few years back as the prices even then added too much to what was an expensive holiday, plus we had been a few times and the kids were getting older so didn't find Magic Kingdom as thrilling as they used to, got a bit bored with Epcot, got rained on every time we went to Animal Kingdom but loved the water parks.

We are grateful that we have managed to visit Florida every year and have been doing Universal and or Busch/Seaworld and using the free days as a pool or waterpark day along with trips to places we haven't been before.

For 4 people nearly £1700 for Disney is a ridiculous amount on top of the holiday then they are that greedy they want another $20 per day to park your car.

If we could get the tickets for around £300 each for next year then we will be very tempted to 'splash out' as we have not been in years but if not then it looks like its Busch/Seaworld/Aquatica and Kennedy this year.

If they do have a 'sale', is this just buying directly or do the likes of Orlando Attractions pass the discount on. Also is the sale more Black Friday or mid December onwards as well ?
iang27 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List