Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Jan 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

You certainly had a great time on your road trip!

I am still very jealous and still hope to blatantly copy it one day.

Although I'm not sure about the tombstones in mega heat...
Old 3 Jan 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It does look hot in the photos, I'm not surprised you were wilting after the tour. A fab final day in New Orleans though.
It was a nice last day -the hottest of them all though !

Originally Posted by Jesslydevie1 View Post
Just been catching up on your trip , I am so in love with your pics of New Orleans , we are going in August with the kids youngest being 14 so any tips would be greatly appreciated, we are also doing Memphis and Nashville then 19nights in the smoky mountains so your report is invaluable to us .
That will be a great trip ! There is lots we didn't do in NO - the Superdome, paddle steamer, plantation tour, Mardis Gras World so plenty for you do with the kids. It will deffo be hot and I imagine as wet in the afternoons so plan to get stuff done in the morning and evenings ! I found the AA city guide a really great help for NO. Its a stunning city.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Oh my word, that cheesecake looks incredible! Shame about your main course. When you're paying a decent amount of money for food I don't think there should be any such thing as a duff choice

A fab last day in NOLA though!
I'm so hyper sensitive about salt And this was really salty ! It was a fab last day though, just a shame it had to come to an end !

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
You certainly had a great time on your road trip!

I am still very jealous and still hope to blatantly copy it one day.

Although I'm not sure about the tombstones in mega heat...
We had a fabulous time - I would swop extra time in Memphis and NO for less time in Nashville but pretty much everything else would leave the same.
Andy was well impressed with the cemetery tour ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The cemetery tour looks really interesting!
I'm glad you both loved your time in New Orleans. It looks like such a great place to visit, a real one of a kind city. I'm kinda gutted now that I didn't get to my cousins wedding there , definitely one for the bucket list
Looking forward to the Florida instalment!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
The cemetery tour looks really interesting!
I'm glad you both loved your time in New Orleans. It looks like such a great place to visit, a real one of a kind city. I'm kinda gutted now that I didn't get to my cousins wedding there , definitely one for the bucket list
Looking forward to the Florida instalment!
It is a great place. We totally loved it, so we are heading back on our upcoming trip. Same hotel, new list of things to see, eat and drink. We are definitely " Big Easy" kinda people
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Loved reading about your time in New Orleans, thanks for all the details and photos. Our trip will be a bit different with 2 teens but great to read about all you did, glad you had a fantastic holiday
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Loved reading about your time in New Orleans, thanks for all the details and photos. Our trip will be a bit different with 2 teens but great to read about all you did, glad you had a fantastic holiday
Thanks, you have a fab trip to look forward to.

We loved it so much, and can't wait to be back there in a few weeks. We have some different things planned so look out for the next trippie. I'm hoping we will do the paddle steamer, Mardi Gras world and the French market. Plus we are thinking about a basketball game and a visit to the Super dome. Eek , can't wait
Old 17 Feb 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Thanks, you have a fab trip to look forward to.

We loved it so much, and can't wait to be back there in a few weeks. We have some different things planned so look out for the next trippie. I'm hoping we will do the paddle steamer, Mardi Gras world and the French market. Plus we are thinking about a basketball game and a visit to the Super dome. Eek , can't wait
Wow! Back again so soon, you must've really loved it there. Can't wait to read about it, have a great time.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
It sounds like New Orleans has a lot to offer. My brother went for Mardi Gras last year and loved it.

Shame your food on your last day wasn’t as impressive as you’d have liked. Breakfast sounds a bit of a disaster.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed reading about your days in New Orleans, I would love to visit-not sure about the heat though! I think you definitely need to go back for more, I’d be sad to leave it even if it was for Florida...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another good day Glad you enjoyed todays tour a bit better. What a shame you didn't enjoy your food as much today. I've really enjoyed this segment of your trippie, before I started I didn't have much interest in New Orleans but you have had such a great time, and it seems like there is loads to do.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List