Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

First time to DLP! Help!

Hi everyone!

We get married in November and we have decided that we would like to take a little familymoon to Disneyland Paris! I've been to Florida twice and LOVE it but we decided to stay closer to home so we could have some time with our little boy first and then have a few days alone! He will be almost 2 when we go and we are struggling to decide on a hotel! As its our "familymoon" we were considering staying in 1 of the 4 star hotels (maybe even push it to the Disneyland Hotel!) but are these hotels actually worth it, or with a little one are we better off staying at Sequoia or Santa Fe? We will be going Full Board and not sure if a character breakfast or lunch would be wasted on someone so little? Although I personally would love it

Any help and recommendations to make the trip a bit easier as well would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Susie83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went last year with our 2 and a half year old and loved it, if you are getting full board is it part of a deal? We stayed at newport bay and had full board plus as ut is a 4* where if we stayed at the lodge it would have been a lower tier full board. Worth considering as alot of the restaurants we wanted to go to was covered with the plus but not standard so we would have had to paid extra.

We found the buffet options good as they were quick with the little one was hungry but we also did Chef Mickeys and Remy which were great. We also loved the Wild West Show and used our plus vouchers and paid the extra to go, it is such a good show and our little one LOVED it!

We found newport bay was about right walking distance from the parks, sequoia lodge is simillar distance but santa fe was a longer walk (prob an extra 10 minutes).

Newport bay was very much like the beach club with how it was decorated etc, it is a massive hotel though, corridors go on forever!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
We went last year with our 2 and a half year old and loved it, if you are getting full board is it part of a deal? We stayed at newport bay and had full board plus as ut is a 4* where if we stayed at the lodge it would have been a lower tier full board.
Sequoia Lodge is the same Dining Plan level as NBC, and HNY.

Santa Fe and Cheyenne are standard.

Disneyland Hotel is Premium.

Though no matter what hotel you stay in, if you purchase your meal plan you can buy any plan as long as it's the hotel level or above. So you can't choose to buy standard in any that is considered to be plus or premium, but can purchase premium when staying in a standard/plus partnered hotel.

I had full board once and found it was a huge amount of food. If it's an upgrade on the 'free' plan, it may not be so bad now that hotel breakfast is generally not included. But if purchased and you eat a lot at breakfast, it can be hard to fit all of the food in!
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you! I think Newport Bay looks lovely, the dining options weren’t on offer but they are doing 2 nights free at the moment for when we want to go so it kind of works itself out lol! Is Cafe Mickey where they do the character lunches? Do you get the choice of the character or is it random? Also we get married on Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday so it would be good to have lunch with Mickey himself! 😊

Susie83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Susie83 View Post
Hi everyone!

We get married in November and we have decided that we would like to take a little familymoon to Disneyland Paris! I've been to Florida twice and LOVE it but we decided to stay closer to home so we could have some time with our little boy first and then have a few days alone! He will be almost 2 when we go and we are struggling to decide on a hotel! As its our "familymoon" we were considering staying in 1 of the 4 star hotels (maybe even push it to the Disneyland Hotel!) but are these hotels actually worth it, or with a little one are we better off staying at Sequoia or Santa Fe? We will be going Full Board and not sure if a character breakfast or lunch would be wasted on someone so little? Although I personally would love it

Any help and recommendations to make the trip a bit easier as well would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
You won't be required to buy a food plan for your little one, they won't sell them for under 3s. If you have a character breakfast, it would probably be amazing! That's if you're LO doesn't freak out over characters. You can take a lot of photos, and the memories would last forever, and you'll have the photos to show him as he grows older.

It's really up to you hotel wise, like I said in a previous post, you can choose a higher grade dining plan when staying in your hotel of choice if that one suits you better. Just be aware, if you stay in say Santa Fe, and buy Premium, you still only get that level hotel breakfast, you can't go to a different hotel, though I do believe you can use your breakfast voucher for the character breakfast on that plan.

I quite like the dining plans, others would advise against them. Your best bet is to check out the restaurants and menus available to you on each plan, and see if they even appeal to you. That way you can decide what is your best option. Any more help I can offer, I will. Happy Planning! xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you! I think Newport Bay looks lovely, the dining options weren’t on offer but they are doing 2 nights free at the moment for when we want to go so it kind of works itself out lol! Is Cafe Mickey where they do the character lunches? Do you get the choice of the character or is it random? Also we get married on Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday so it would be good to have lunch with Mickey himself! 😊
They've just brought characters back to cafe Mickey, and it's quite expensive. I'm not sure if they're doing lunch, or just dinner. I think it's included on the Premium Plan, and it has a set menu (with choices for each course)

Inventions in Disneyland Hotel, does lunch and dinner. Again expensive, but it's a buffet. Also available using Premium vouchers. Probably better with a LO, and also you won't have to buy a meal, or share from your dinner, as it's all you can eat buffet! Mickey is usually here, I'm sure!

The character breakfast is Plaza Gardens, in the park. I don't think Mickey is here, but don't quote me on that! I think it's along the lines of Winnie the Pooh.

You can use lower 'grade' lunch/dinner vouchers towards the 'premium' restaurants or a la carte choices on menus. They just turn to face value, so like a voucher. You just pay the rest in cash.
xx

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you Sarryb, that helps knowing the different meal plans! Also good to know about portion sizes, although my wee boy won’t be old enough to be included in the plan but he can eat off our plates (which he normally does anyway, even after eating his own dinner!&#128514 so at least we know there will be plenty!

Old 18 Feb 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Susie83
Getting Excited

Mobile

Ah you’re other post just came up about the menus and dining plans! Thank you so much Sarryb, you’ve been a great help!

Old 19 Feb 18, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ah you’re other post just came up about the menus and dining plans! Thank you so much Sarryb, you’ve been a great help!
You're welcome. It can be overwhelming at first, and it definitely seems complicated. I think many people say WDW system is better/easier, but I've never had to do that, so for me this is how I know it, I guess.

If I can help with anything else, just ask and I'll see if I know the answer! Xx
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
They've just brought characters back to cafe Mickey, and it's quite expensive. I'm not sure if they're doing lunch, or just dinner. I think it's included on the Premium Plan, and it has a set menu (with choices for each course)

Inventions in Disneyland Hotel, does lunch and dinner. Again expensive, but it's a buffet. Also available using Premium vouchers. Probably better with a LO, and also you won't have to buy a meal, or share from your dinner, as it's all you can eat buffet! Mickey is usually here, I'm sure!

The character breakfast is Plaza Gardens, in the park. I don't think Mickey is here, but don't quote me on that! I think it's along the lines of Winnie the Pooh.

You can use lower 'grade' lunch/dinner vouchers towards the 'premium' restaurants or a la carte choices on menus. They just turn to face value, so like a voucher. You just pay the rest in cash.
xx
As above, if you have lunch / dinner at Inventions, you should have a great chance of seeing Mickey. We ate there twice, and Mickey was there both times. We met Mickey, Hook, Smee, Tigger, Pluto, Goofy and the White Rabbit at one meal, and two days later, it was Mickey, Chip, Dale, Eeyore, Tigger, Donald, Hook and Pluto.

Mickey can be in Plaza Gardens breakfast too - we also met him there, along with Piglet, Daisy, Scrooge, Tigger and Eeyore. From what Sarry said, perhaps Mickey’s not there that often though.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List