Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Feb 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The trip of many changes August 2017 - Day 12 Busch Gardens and Boma

Today I had planned for us to go back to Seaworld but the girls all decided they preferred Busch Gardens so we revised the plan.

We had been meaning to try the breakfast at Saana all trip and today was the day. Everything we had was good but we don't generally have QS breakfasts so don't have anything to compare it to. Fed and watered, we left at about 8.45 to get on the road. It was a little later than we were aiming for but we were fairly relaxed, knowing how much we got done on Thursday.

We arrived about 10.05 and the first things on the big girls' minds were Cobra's Curse and Montu after they were shut for lightning last time. By 10.50 they had ridden each ride twice. Meanwhile Evie and Ollie had been looking at some of the animals. As our plan had worked so well last time we decided to follow a similar path today so next up was the skyride so the big girls could ride Sheikra.

Unfortunately Stanley Falls was closed so Evie just browsed the nearby shop.

We wandered around looking at a few animals before Robyn and Hattie announced that they wanted to do the rapids. None of the rest of us were in the mood for a good soaking so we sent them off on their own and did the bumper cars while we waited.

Evie was obviously feeling a little braver today as we managed to convince her to try Sand Serpent. As I was expecting she absolutely loved it and as there was almost no queue they went on twice more to make up for the lost rides last time.

(I apologise for the slightly rubbish photo but it seems to be the only one I took!)

By now it was about 12.30 and stomachs were rumbling. We once again visited the dragonfire grill and enjoyed our food although the big girls were still damp from their drenching and feeling slightly chilly.

I've got to go to work now so I'll try to finish the rest of the day later.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Just for good measure the girls went for another spin on Sand Serpent as soon as we'd finished lunch.

We tried to catch the skyride back the other way but just like on our last visit, it was closed. Feeling weary we didn't fancy a long walk so we took the 1.55 train from Stanleyville to Congo instead and left the park about 2.30. We will certainly have this park on our list to do next time and I might even consider doing an overnight stay so we can have 2 days without so much driving.

Before leaving Tampa we used the trusty phone to find the nearest Walmart. We were running low on these.

We easily found our way back to AKL, arriving about 5. We had no plans for dinner so I jumped on to MDE to see what reservations I could get for tonight. I got lucky and grabbed an 8.15 ADR at Boma.

The girls were chomping at the bit to get in the pool but we were in the middle of a thunderstorm so we rested in the room and I did some laundry and started packing some bits I knew we wouldn't need again. About 6.30 the weather had cleared and Ollie took the girls to swim while I rested. Just about 5 minutes before the time I'd told them to be back Robyn and Hattie burst through the door with Evie in Robyn's arms in floods of tears. She'd been stung by a bee at the pool. I sent the older two girls to shower whilst I tried to calm Evie down. Fairly soon Ollie came back too. I assumed the girls had come straight back to the room without telling him but in fact he had stopped off at the shop to see if they had anything for stings. The very kind CM had given him a small vile of ointment for her free of charge and the relief was almost instant. Evie sorted, it was time for the next drama as Hattie fell over in the shower and cut her leg! Things just weren't going our way tonight!

With everybody showered and changed we finally made it to our reservation just 10 minutes late.

We were all glad to be having a relaxing evening. There was some lovely food on the buffet and service was excellent but it just wasn't one of our favourites.

After dinner we made our way back for some much needed sleep.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Sounds like a good day, we don't rate Boma either!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds like a good day, we don't rate Boma either!
It was a lovely day thanks, Boma was fine but I was really excited about our meal there and it just didn't quite live up to that expectation. I would eat there again if it was convenient but wouldn't go out of my way to get there.
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great day at Busch gardens! I'm sure we were there on that day too! Let me check my report.

Oh no poor girls, I bet you were waiting for the third thing to come they always come in 3's!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes we were there at the same time, we probably passed each other!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A great day at Busch gardens! I'm sure we were there on that day too! Let me check my report.

Oh no poor girls, I bet you were waiting for the third thing to come they always come in 3's!
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Yes we were there at the same time, we probably passed each other!
How funny that we were there at the same time. On one of our trips to Disneyland Paris I managed to catch another member of the forum in the background of one of my pictures!