Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

The Dibbcast posted this on Facebook yesterday and I shared it as it sums up my feelings entirely:

Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I often hear people commenting on Disney and Florida parks in general are for toddlers! ! Totally wasted on toddlers!
Old 24 Feb 18, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I’m hoping to go next year to celebrate my 70th Birthday and it will be all Disney, my second solo trip!
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I get this as well, and also how can you afford it! Someone asked me this last week, said she would love to take her two kids but can't afford it, so she booked two weeks all inclusive in Spain, I asked her how much that was, she said 5.2k I I said I paid the same for 3 weeks villa, flights, car hire, Universal, Busch, sea world, aquatica, and Legoland tickets. She was gobsmacked, she had been pricing up holidays with Virgin etc and they were coming up 12/14k, I said DIY it lol.
Will never grow up and want to stop going to Disney, just can't afford Disney Tickets this year but would still rather go to Florida and do the other parks than sit on a beach. Plus hoping to get MIckeys Halloween party in
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Snowball24 View Post
I often hear people commenting on Disney and Florida parks in general are for toddlers! ! Totally wasted on toddlers!
Disagree with that. We took our daughter when she was 2 and a half and she loved it and still remembers it.

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Snowball24
Imagineer

Mobile

I meant there's loads to do.for all ages and i think older children and adults appreciate it more and remember 😊
Old 24 Feb 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
whilst i see where you are coming from there is nothing worse than getting back from holidays and someone telling you you didnt do it 'properly' / you dont "do it" like that...
What I mean is if you had come back from a cruise and said it was boring, you didn't get to see anything but the ship. At which point I ask, what excursions did you go on, or what ports did you visit, and you say "we didn't go on any excursions, and we mostly just stayed on the ship when in port."

In Florida terms, "we really didn't like waiting in line, we got NO rides done because we didn't want to spend more than 10 mins in a line" "what about your fastpass?" "oh we didn't bother to book those."

"We hated having to reserve somewhere to eat." "what about the casual dining places, quick serve, you know" "what are those? we just walked into 3 signatures and got told we had to wait and gave up."

"I can't believe disney charges for fastpasses!" "they don't." "oh. well we definitely had to pay at universal!" "you only went for the day, so if you stayed for a night at an onsite resort, you'd have gotten free passes included, it's not bad value if you have a family of 4 like you do" "I had no idea you got fastpasses with any hotel at universal."

Those are actual conversations I have had with someone. I have nothing against people who go, are prepared, but find a destination just isn't for them. It's more about not bothering to do your research and blaming the destination.

I've seen a lot of people do that and I think it is unfair, they are trying to make a place fit them, if it isn't for you then it isn't for you. No need for people to then criticise it and talk it down to people who might actually enjoy it.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 08:55 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

People either get it or they don’t - don’t worry about the ones that don’t think they same as you - you probably won’t change them and they wont change you 😃

Mr Clamshell has been trying to explain to his parents why we like going to Florida and specifically why we like staying in a Disney hotel. A couple of weeks ago, MIL asked “so once you are at Disney, are you allowed to leave if you wanted to visit somewhere else?” 😂😂

Yes Carol, we aren’t going to prison

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List