Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 May 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Ddp

Got back a week ago from our 3rd trip first time staying at Disney and we paid to upgrade from QS dining to dining plan. On the last day we had about 12 qs credits and over 20 snack credits left over. Neither of us are breakfast people so were rarely ate early and if we had lunch we would almost be still full around dinner time. Most of our adr's we're 8pm onwards. I don't know how people manage it.
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I hope you managed to use up all your credits We use them for gifts/candy to take home. This year I do plan on using them for bottles of water in the parks etc that usually we just pay OOP as it's not a good use of SC's.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We dont buy any drinks at all unless they are alcoholic! Use credits on water etc so we dont build them up x
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
I hope you managed to use up all your credits We use them for gifts/candy to take home. This year I do plan on using them for bottles of water in the parks etc that usually we just pay OOP as it's not a good use of SC's.
I think this is one of the problems with DDP. People seem to worry so much that they're not getting adequate value from these credits that they end up not using them. I have read so many food trippies where people are paying OOP (including grocery deliveries) all over the place, then have a mad dash on the last day trying to use up credits.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I think this is one of the problems with DDP. People seem to worry so much that they're not getting adequate value from these credits that they end up not using them. I have read so many food trippies where people are paying OOP (including grocery deliveries) all over the place, then have a mad dash on the last day trying to use up credits.
Definitely and especially now with 2 snack credits each per day, it could easily get out of control. We like to buy 2 slices of bread to toast in the mornings for little more than a dollar, I'm already planning to use SC's for this if I see we are building them up after the first day or 2.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

I feel like the odd one out because we did just fine 4 years ago (we also went two years ago but only had a free breakfast deal i.e. 1QS).

We even worked it around 3 days disappearing off to Universal for the day.

We booked 13 TS meals including 1 signature dining, ate a QS meal somewhere every day. Having two TS breakfasts (Crystal Palace and O'hana) probably helped them all get used up!

We have a similar plan all in place for this year.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We got through the ts credit no problems. But we had 3 signature meals. It just eating during the we struggled with
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think everyone is different. Some people find the heat affects them and their appetite is reduced, other find all the walking increases their appetite. We eat a light breakfast and then can easily eat lunch and dinner although if we've had a big lunch we have a lighter dinner, just like we would at home. We have 4 signatures planned but I must admit to wondering how we'll use all the snacks. We'll probably use a few for drinks.
Last year was the worst year for us having leftover credits but it was because we had a full kitchen at OKW and mainly ate breakfast in the villa. This year we won't and will use QS and snack credits for breakfast. My aim is to have hardly any credits left to take rubbish home that we won't eat.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Looks like you staying in port orleans riverside? That's where we were. Probably should of got breakfast a few more times we used quite a few sc credits for drinks in a bid to use them. As we only paid to upgrade to DDP from QS we got our monies worth. Also we had IHOP a few times for brekkie

Edited at 10:40 PM.
Old 26 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Deano31 View Post
Looks like you staying in port orleans riverside? That's where we were. Probably should of got breakfast a few more times we used quite a few schools for drinks in a bid to we them. As we only paid to upgrade to DDP from QS we got our monies worth. Also we had IHOP a few times for brekkie
Yes staying for the first time this year.

You do find if you pay for offsite food the credits will build up. We ate at the outlet food court twice which annoyed me but it was all about timing.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List