Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Nov 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Yes we had glasses and china mugs in a studio at OKW in late August. I haven't read about it happening anywhere, so hopefully its just a trial.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

This actually makes me quite cross :angry:

As DVC members we are supposed to be experiencing home away from home right? Which is why (supposedly) we just have limited housekeeping services, but who doesn't have any china in their home to have a cuppa? Do we all drink out of paper products at home to save on the washing up?

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

It’s not as if we’re seeing the savings in our annual dues tell you what don’t increase then one year and we can talk about you making savings.
Old 22 Nov 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
grantasmic
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
... I opened the kitchen cupboard to find the usual paper plates etc but also about 20 styrene cups. No coffee mugs and no glasses!

I rang housekeeping who said they were removed due to safety and are a request only item now, just like the clock radio.

Whats this all about, cost cutting I suspect! E Mail going to DVC later today. ...
We were at SSR 14 - 26 October and discovered that the mugs and glasses had been replaced with styrofoam cups The reason we were given was that housekeeping don't have time to wash up in Studios as there is no dishwasher! We were asked several times in the conversation 'so, are you requesting them?' and each time answered 'yes, we are' and did receive 4 of each later in the day.

Perhaps the CMs should be briefed to at least give a definitive reply to guests and not a variety of reasons for their removal.

Did you also have dull, generic, paper plates and bowls this time? What's happened to the Disney branded ones with the Mickey heads?

We too have emailed DVC on this, and other issues we experienced this stay, and pointed out that rather than being offered complimentary sunrise yoga and having a 'special purple DVC' circle at the tapstiles (although this was hit and miss - most of the time we got the usual green or, more often, the blue ), we'd much rather have mugs and glasses provided as part of our ever-increasing dues.

Be interesting to see what comments we get in reply - if we get one!

Our 'Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA' 2006 Visit
Wild West Adventure - Cowboys and Canyons 2007
We should have gone home years ago!

grantasmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

My wife would love that yoga!
Old 22 Nov 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by grantasmic View Post
We were at SSR 14 - 26 October and discovered that the mugs and glasses had been replaced with styrofoam cups The reason we were given was that housekeeping don't have time to wash up in Studios as there is no dishwasher! We were asked several times in the conversation 'so, are you requesting them?' and each time answered 'yes, we are' and did receive 4 of each later in the day.

Perhaps the CMs should be briefed to at least give a definitive reply to guests and not a variety of reasons for their removal.

Did you also have dull, generic, paper plates and bowls this time? What's happened to the Disney branded ones with the Mickey heads?

We too have emailed DVC on this, and other issues we experienced this stay, and pointed out that rather than being offered complimentary sunrise yoga and having a 'special purple DVC' circle at the tapstiles (although this was hit and miss - most of the time we got the usual green or, more often, the blue ), we'd much rather have mugs and glasses provided as part of our ever-increasing dues.

Be interesting to see what comments we get in reply - if we get one!
I E Mailed them about an hour ago. Had the automated response so will see what happens.
My focus was why has it taken 14 years to make this change apart from a few months some years ago when they did this once before but changed it due to feedback!

We had the normal Disney paper plates and bowls, not plain ones. Mind you they would have had a shock when they opened the micro after I left as there was three weeks worth in there! We keep our own plastic ones in the lockers.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

This makes me mad, we have a sink, washing up liquid and a tea towel, why would we not use cups and glasses.
We are paying for deluxe, not a value having just stayed at POP the reduction in overall cleanliness of the resort was evident however the upgraded rooms are fantastic, so much storage space, shelves and a large safe!
The sliding door into the bathroom also makes turns the two prart bathroom into a much larger bathroom. I actually only missed the balcony and used my mugs from the box in the new two cup coffee maker, which was better than the stupid large DVC coffee maker in the studios when the coffee is Luke warm. We use the trusty USA travel kettle Geoffa recommended and leave it in the box too.
Better not do this in them all.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Just had DVC on the phone to me explaining why they have removed the mugs and glasses
1. Customer feedback
2. Lack of a dishwasher for Cleaning Staff to use

My stance was fourfold
  1. Enviromental impact with all the disposable cups going to landfill
  2. Energy and staff costs with repeated deliveries/collections of said items by staff
  3. Danger caused by hot liquids spilling as styrene cups have a smaller base than china mugs and are less stable
  4. Taste from styrene is awful

Give her credit she fought her corner well - but lost
I said it feels to me like a value resort.
SSR is one of the few to have this issue and the answer is quite simple - put a dishwasher in each block for the staff, not hard is it
You capitulated on this maybe 5 or 7 years ago when you tried it before. So how come since then you have been happy giving guests mugs and glasses that have been washed in a sink?

I was promised my feedback was important - Yawn!

So in conclusion anybody not happy I suggest an E Mail to DVC to put the pressure on

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

China snd glass in the BWV on check in yesterday. I wonder if this is a small trial again or just unique to that one resort.

I do wonder what this customer feedback nonsense is... its always used as a cut back yet how many people woukd complain that thry wanted a paper cup over a glass!

Edited at 01:40 PM.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
China snd glass in the BWV on check in yesterday. I wonder if this is a small trial again or just unique to that one resort.

I do wonder what this customer feedback nonsense is... its always used as a cut back yet how many people woukd complain that thry wanted a paper cup over a glass!
I think it's limited to SSR but maybe also OKW. Customer feedback my elbow!
This is all about cost cutting. Of course if you are honest about things the public accept it more but don't bull ≈≈≈≈ them.