Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Dec 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Running!

Can’t believe i’m saying this, but I’ve just joined a running club! I have never been able to run & was talked into an 8 week beginners course. Had a couple of wobbles where I didn’t think it was for me & now I’m a member. If I don’t go for more than a few days, I feel bad & miss it! Also signed up to a couple of races & have been known recently to set my alarm on a Saturday morning to do a 5k. Never thought I’d see the day. If it’s something you’ve ever considered, go for it. If I can do it, anyone can. I couldn’t run to the end of my road 10 weeks ago & managed 9k yesterday (with some walking, not all running).
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I don't run but DH does either in the gym or the tread mill at home and he's a right pain think caged lion if he doesn't do at least 5k a day
He only runs out side when we are at the villa or on holiday he was out this morning in -5 we are in the Lake District
He would totally get where you are coming from
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another benefit of becoming a runner means trips to Disney race weekends 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done I started a club earlier in the year and now run regularly, including as part of a social group. I did the Wine & Dine 5k in November and I’ve signed up for the Great Manchester 10k in May. Once this weekend is over I’m hoping to actually use my running, and a better diet, to shift some pounds. I used to run about 5 years ago and I’m so glad I went back to it.
Old 30 Dec 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like me! I joined a Couch to 5k group in May and then did my first 10k in October. I’d never ran in my life. Unfortunately I became ill in November and have had about 4/5 weeks off. Really struggling to get back into it as still have some health problems but I really feel the need to get out there even if for a couple of miles! Hoping to do my first park run in months on Monday!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Well done. I love running too! Even though I’m slow 😂 I started C25k in Jan this year and then completed the Great North Run in September. I’ve been lucky enough to get a ballot place for the London marathon next year and I’m so nervous.
I haven’t plucked up the courage to join a real running club yet and I still haven’t ran a park run. Maybe 2018 will be the year.

I agree with you - if I can do it, really anyone can!
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done! I love running.
Old 31 Dec 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Well done! Another runner here too

I couldnt get to the end of the road when I first started, last March I ran my first half marathon and loved every second of it

I have just been out this morning to do a couple of miles for my last run of the year and i am trying to think of some challenges to set myself for next year, i was thinking of a race per month or 500 miles in year, not sure yet, but running is definitely addictive!
Old 31 Dec 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A friend has talked me into doing a half marathon in 2018. Until now, I have only done 5k.

Does anyone have any tips, advice on nutrition relating to running?
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Well done. I love running too! Even though I’m slow 😂 I started C25k in Jan this year and then completed the Great North Run in September. I’ve been lucky enough to get a ballot place for the London marathon next year and I’m so nervous.
I haven’t plucked up the courage to join a real running club yet and I still haven’t ran a park run. Maybe 2018 will be the year.

I agree with you - if I can do it, really anyone can!
Holy c**p! That’s incredible! I feel like I’m back a stage 1 but I will get it back. Knocking on the door of 40 and this is the first exercise I’ve ever really taken to. With persistent back/head trouble I’ll never get to a half but I’m good with that. If I’ve joined a club you blooming certainly should!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List