Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jan 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

update

Ooh I love reading about where you’ve been in Dubai and the deals you have found... very interesting

I don’t know if Lapita does it as a blanket thing, but when I booked through Emirates it said about the complimentary park tickets and half board on every page of the booking when I clicked through... I’ve got a feeling it said it was valid for bookings made before 28th Feb... I may be wrong though as I have looked at so many holidays lately my mind gets fuddled
Old 18 Jan 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Hi that's fantastic - I've booked Dubai too for July ( the heat I know I know )... very excited though. To be honest I knew nothing about Dubai - until I saw what I thought was a deal last year and jumped in it for a change . Staying at Atlantis - just need to start searching the best way to get to the malls etc. Prob won't do parks as I've read it's too hot but lots of other options I'm looking into
You will love Atlantis - you get treated so well. Getting to and from Malls, they have complimentary transport laid on to take you to the Mall of the Emirates, which is huge. You can get a taxi from there to Dubai Mall etc - I think it's 30 AED, compared to 120 AED from the hotel itself.
If you haven't already got it, upgrade to Imperial Club (you tube it) - ideally at check-in, was about £100 per night in October (peak and for 4 of us)but £130 through travel agent. Worth it alone for free drinks/snacks in the lounges through the day,not to mention the free alcoholic drinks between 5-7pm (average £12 each). We got an amazing room near the Royal Tower on 18th floor facing the Palm and have booked a a Regal Suite for our trip later this year.
Old 18 Jan 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hiya, Emirates are very hard to beat that's a fantastic deal! My surprise birthday trip for Ds's 10th to Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi including our complimentary Park Passes for Dubai Parks and resorts staying in a Yas suite was £1665 is through Emirates. Everyone else had that same suite at over 3k! We would never have gone back at that price! We were upgraded for free to that suite before with BA and it really made the holiday for us, so I jumped at it at that price!

OK Dubai parks and resorts, if you hate queuing-you'll love it! We went in October-there is hardly anyone there! I kid you not. The longest queue will probably be 20 minutes-if that and as your onsite, I doubt you'll hit that! They have resort style buses that take you from the entrance to a place called River island or something-think Universal city at universal studios. From there you walk to which park you want. We did Motion gate and lego land as we had an entertainer offer buy one park ticket get another free! I normally hate lego land-but this was something else! I've never seen anything like it! Motiongate has Smurfs village in it and some rides based on the Hunger games and a lot of things inbetween. It was really good and a fun day out. They also have a lego water park and a Bollywood park. We just pictures by the hands outside! It really was a nice day out and I was chuffed to bits to get two free tickets I can tell you!

This is a youtube video of Legoland but it will probably show the others too.

We will also be visiting The Sugar factory on the way back to the airport as we have to fly in and out of Dubai and take a free bus to Abu Dhabi. I am beyond excited but can't say a word
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Oh wow happytraveller, I had a sneaky peak at the hotel you’ve booked and I can’t imagine how excited you ds will be when you tell him... that’s going to be amazing! I hope you’ll tell us all about it when your back

Thank you for all the info on the parks. Yes I hate queuing so that sounds like it’ll suit me just fine . I keep hearing good things about Emirates and your deal sounds fab... hopefully we will find many more deals in the future... I’ll save the dh a fortune if I can keep this up

Loving the video you posted thank you. I’ve got two windows open in the office this afternoon... one with work stuff and one with the video playing alongside it’s brightened this Friday afternoon up no end
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Pixiedust To say I kept checking the price (I think it actually went down a bit after booking,lol) wondering if it was a mistake is an understatement. I didn't bother with the breakfast option this time as Ds was too shattered to get up and eat it, lol. So we just got room only and will pick stuff up as we go and on one of the days were going for brunch on an Island 15 minutes away which we only found out about after we came back last time. He has absolutely has no idea and I can't wait to see his face! I certainly will comne back and let you know how it went! One thing I will say though, is their customer service is a bit hit and miss. If you have any issues at all, go on their facebook page and have a chat, once you've done that, go back to customer service quoting waht they have said-funnily enough it gets sorted out,lol.

I know what you mean about the two windows open
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Ooh thank you for the tips re Facebook if have any problems that’s really helpful... hopefully it will all go smoothly.
Mine sometimes struggle to be up for breakfast but as it’s included they will have to get a wriggle on ... mind you it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we missed any.
I’m not sure whether to book other things apart from the parks as it looks loads cheaper to use the entertainer in advance or if we should just go with the flow when we get there and see how we feel. Tricky to know as haven’t been before. But there’s so much that looks fun. Atlantis looks amazing too. I’ll have to look at taxis and distances and try get my bearings I think.

I’m now watching that lads other Dubai videos... not a lot being done here today

Oooh lunch on an island... that sounds swish.i would love that.That’s the thing isn’t it until you’ve been explored and discovered... you don’t know all these things.

Just looking at seats on the flight as tracy99 said book upstairs if poss and it’s showing as available on the return leg but I’m wondering if it’s worth the 60 each?... is it that much better... the other ones are 20 adults and 15 children it looks like.
Old 19 Jan 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi Pixie, the entertainer is on offer at the moment, I think it works out £89 instead of 99 and with the Dirham being pegged to the $ and the pound doing well, your right, a lot of things are good value with the entertainer (the abu dhabi ones has a lot of our near by restaurants in it, so I'm getting my tonight) Some things like jeep safaris and boat rides will allow you to book now and will just tell you to bring your enterrtainment voucher when you turn up to the activity, so you may still be able to book them now. When do you go? Is it May too?

I get you about getting them up for brekkie My issue then was they had breakfast finish at 10.00am which was fine for me as at home I was waking at 4am at that time for some reason, but as our clocks had just changed back here, they were then 4 hours ahead over there in October and he couldn't get up and eat then. At home he feels sick eating breakfast He did on the day we did the parks though -and ate two bits of an omelette

Your very lucky, I don't get a choice of booking upstairs as I'm flying out of heathrow, so it's steerage in it's true form for us,lol! Also I haven't finished paying my balance-so I cannot view the seat map until I have they said. As the planes aren't that special on my route-but still very nice none the less, I will try to wait until 48 hours before as it's free. Also, they don't do twin seats only threes I think, so I won't be happy with my seats anyway,lol. But with Virgin I always paid for the bubble as I loved being upstairs. If you really want to be up there, keep an eye on how the cabin is filling up and play it by ear, if you don't want to pay just yet.

So exciting
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve just booked Dubai after reading this thread! Slight impulse booking! Going to Lapita in October half term. Me, my husband and dd who will be 16. Am really excited! I do have a slight ethical issue with Dubai due to their views on homosexuality but will have to put this to one side!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

When did emirates start charging to select seats.
This is a new one for me,the last time we used them was last year & there was no charge,so I'm sorry if I mis led you,as I genuinely never knew,they had started charging.
We're not using them this year,as ethiad & Qatar were cheaper,but at least I know for next year.
Sorry for the confusion
Tracy x
Old 20 Jan 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Hi, If you booked after Oct last year you now have to pay But you were right though, as for years they didn't.

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
When did emirates start charging to select seats.
This is a new one for me,the last time we used them was last year & there was no charge,so I'm sorry if I mis led you,as I genuinely never knew,they had started charging.
We're not using them this year,as ethiad & Qatar were cheaper,but at least I know for next year.
Sorry for the confusion
Tracy x