Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Jan 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Adding a new name to DVC Deed

Have any fellow Dibbers had any experience of adding a new name to your DVC deed?

We foolishly only put my name on the purchase of 3 contracts and I now want to add my wife.

I’ve done some research and it seems to cost a lot to do it via a legal firm but relatively inexpensive to do it yourself.

The bit that I’m particularly interested in is if anyone has ever filed their own deed to the Orange County Comptroler from the UK.
KemlynUltra is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Bit different but I removed a name from DVC contract & it could only be done by filling out the DVC forms & then getting them certified & submitted by an American attorney, as it classed as a property ownership it needed to be done by a professional, it cost me £350.
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This is what I was sent when I asked :
Dear

Member:
Thank you for your recent inquiry concerning making a change to your Ownership Interest(s) in a Disney Vacation Club Resort. Your Ownership Interest is deeded real estate and in order to make a change to the ownership or title on the deed requires the preparation and recording of a new deed in public records. A gratuitous transfer of the ownership interest is gifted; no money or consideration is exchanged. In the transfer of real estate, a deed conveys ownership from the old owner (the grantor) to the new owner (grantee).
A Request to Change Title is a signed written request to change the way title is currently held on the deed, to add or remove another person from the Disney Vacation Club Membership records such as:
 Add or remove a spouse/former spouse; children that are of legal age of majority; parents or any other person  Make a change due to a court order such as a divorce or property settlement agreement;  Transfer your Ownership interest to another person;  Make a transfer of your Ownership Interest into or out of a Trust, partnership, LLC or corporation
In the event of a death, please contact Membership Administration. WRITTEN NOTICE FOR RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL and WAIVER OF RIGHT OF FIRST REFUSAL: Any change in Ownership Interest requires a signed written notice to Disney Vacation Development, Inc. (“DVD”) by mail or fax at least 30-days prior to the proposed change as described in the Declaration of Condominium. Enclosed you will find a Request to Change Title form; please complete and return to the Disney Vacation Club. A completed Request to Change Title form will serve as notice of your request to transfer ownership interests; does not require notarization and is a request for a Waiver of the Right of First Refusal to be issued. DVD will notify the Owner in writing within the 30-day notice period.
DUES AND LOAN AM OUNTS: If the Owner(s) obtained financing at the time of purchase from DVD, the mortgage loan must be paid in full prior to any change in the Ownership Interest. Annual dues for the calendar year must be current and may need to be paid in full depending on the type of change. For any questions regarding loan or dues payoffs please contact Member Accounting.
MAKE ARRANGEMENTS FOR A NEW DEED: The Owner(s) is responsible for the preparation, execution and recording of any real estate transfer documents such as a new Deed, at the Owner(s) expense. The Owner(s) is urged to consult with an experienced real estate attorney licensed to practice law in the state in which the property is located; or other professional advisors concerning this real estate matter regarding estate planning and how title is to be taken. We encourage the Owner(s) to exercise due diligence in this regard.
FL Properties: You may contact First American Title 407-754-1320 or 1-866-237-3777, a licensed attorney or licensed Title Company in the state where the property is located, to assist in preparing a new deed and changing ownership on your membership. Aulani: You may contact First American Title at 808-539-7504 for further information. GCAL Property: You may contact First American Title at 702-304-7552 or 866-639-9203 for further information. Hilton Head Island Resort Property: You may contact McNair Law Firm, P.A. to assist in making a change to your deed, the phone number is 843-785-2171.
Step 1 – complete the Request to Change Title form and fax (407- 938-4121) to Membership Administration Step 2 – Member Administration will issue a Waiver of the Right of First Refusal within 30 days of receipt of the Request to Change Title form Step 3 – In order to complete the process and change the records, further instructions will be included in the letter when the waiver is issued.
Please note - If you have multiple contracts: Contracts with different title/owners will be assigned a new member ID number/contract number(s). Existing reservations and points deposited into RCI® Exchange Program will n
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I also have a copy of the request letter, if you need it? we wanted to add DS, as he was too young at the time, but this seems more hassle than it's worth!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Thanks all. On the face of it it doesn’t look like a lot of work to draft my own replacement deed (just copying my original one) but just wanted to see if anyone else had done this to get some advice. I’ll keep researching as First American are expensive!
KemlynUltra is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List