Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Feb 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

DDP when renting DVC

Could somebody please explain how this works? I'm quite keen on the idea of a split stay next time but obviously that would mean the free DDP wouldn't be possible. If I were to rent DVC points, is it possible to add the DDP on - how does it work? Thanks.
Old 3 Feb 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes the person you rented from can add the DDP for you no problem-but as you have to pay the us $ rates you are at the mercy of the exchange rates,which can obviously go either way!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes the person you rented from can add the DDP for you no problem-but as you have to pay the us $ rates you are at the mercy of the exchange rates,which can obviously go either way!
Ah right I see - thank you. Presumably if renting from one of the companies like David's, they can add it too?
Old 3 Feb 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Ah right I see - thank you. Presumably if renting from one of the companies like David's, they can add it too?
Hiya,

If you look on the Davids website, there's a section that explains it all. I think the booking for the plan has to be made and paid for in a card that had the actual person who will be stayings details rather than the owner. So you can either provide this info to Davids who will give it to the owner and get them to add it on or you have to do it with disney gift cards.

Hope that helps
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

If you rent through David's they will contact the owner of your rental points, who in turn will contact DVC to add the DDP to your reservation. You do need to give your credit card details to David's to pass on to the owner so there is an element of trust involved, but David's will phone the owner to pass on your card details rather than sending the number in an email.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Thank you. Just a bit odd to think of my credit card number being passed to someone I don't know.
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Thank you. Just a bit odd to think of my credit card number being passed to someone I don't know.
As an owner, I've had to do this for a renter and it was an odd experience for me too. However, if a renter decides, for example, to help themselves to the flat screen tv from a DVC property, I would be the one facing the music with DVC so it works both ways...

Edited at 05:19 PM.
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I'd seriously consider if DDP is worth it. Only about 25% of DVC owners get it for a reason. Try doing the maths on here- distripplaner.com
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
As an owner, I've had to do this for a renter and it was an odd experience for me too. However, if a renter decides, for example, to help themselves to the flat screen tv from a DVC property, I would be the one facing the music with DVC so it works both ways...
Very true!
Old 3 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'd seriously consider if DDP is worth it. Only about 25% of DVC owners get it for a reason. Try doing the maths on here- distripplaner.com
Super, thank you. Will give it a go based on the places we're eating this year