Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 Feb 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile 75 point minimum for membership extras

Well it was only a matter of time!

I’m reading that Disney are now saying you need to buy a minimum of 75 points direct to get full membership benefits. Think those purchased before are unaffected.
Old 11 Feb 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Where is this? Doesn't surprise me though.
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I read it on Facebook originally but if you log in on the dvc website, you can see it under notifications.
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yip. Only two weeks before it changes.
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you login it’s an announcement. I’ll be buying 25 points next week because of this
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes well spotted. Its now all over with lots of heated debate.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
If you login it’s an announcement. I’ll be buying 25 points next week because of this
You may struggle I think unfortunately- they are refusing to sell them people are reporting. Someone reported already they have a resale going through and so tried to buy a 50 min (new buyer) and the guide gave them the brush off. Finger's crossed, I just saw on one board someone do the analysis on BLT and they worked out to get the same points with benefits at BLT would now cost the buyer an extra $5000 over what it would cost now with the 25 point add on. Any UK buyer would have to seriously consider if perks are worth that much to them- it would not be for me that is for sure.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

From the site:

Membership Extras Eligibility
Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.

All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If I'm honest its about time... Personally I think it should be 100 points minimum if you only own resale.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
Just seen someone saying they got on the phone and bought 50 at Copper Creek, they said everything else is sold out- that may be your best bet if you want the Membership Extras, but I'd think carefully if you need them. At least though it would be less than the 75 minimum.