Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Feb 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Suggestions for a mini break in January?

I'm looking for inspiration for my DH's birthday in Jan 19. I'd like to take him away for a few days but nothing too expensive and we are going to Florida in July for 3 weeks. We are from NI, so it means I'll most likely have to factor in flights to wherever I decide and because it is only a few days, it would have to be direct flights from Belfast. Weather is also a factor. He's not one for sitting around and wouldn't like a spa break. I'm thinking possibly London but would like to hear any other inspired destinations
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Newcastle 40 mins from Belfast, easyjet, nice small airport out the door and into a taxi/metro to the action

cant guarantee the weather but loads to do & see
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockycat
Excited about Disney

My birthday is in January and we try to get away for a few days... Rome was really nice as was Budapest and Prague, we have had a couple of days in London a few times as well, January is normally pretty good price wise for city breaks.
Rockycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Edinburgh? Or Manchester? Further afield French or Spanish cities?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the sound of Rome. We did a one-day whistle stop tour as part of a cruise a few years ago, but it is definitely somewhere I'd like to spend more time in. My DH has been to Prague before, but I've not - just worried that it would be VERY cold there in January!
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Edinburgh? Or Manchester? Further afield French or Spanish cities?
We love Edinburgh but were there last year with the kids.
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did Belfast (loved it but not much use for you lol), Barcelona and Bath (flying into Bristol)
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

We hadn't a similar dilemma for end of February this year and have plumped for Venice. Flights and hotel including transfers and breakfast for 3 nights is coming in at around £300. Apparently going off the beaten track can bring eating and drinking costs down too. Not a clue if we'll enjoy it or not especially during the Winter but I'll try anything once.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
We hadn't a similar dilemma for end of February this year and have plumped for Venice. Flights and hotel including transfers and breakfast for 3 nights is coming in at around £300. Apparently going off the beaten track can bring eating and drinking costs down too. Not a clue if we'll enjoy it or not especially during the Winter but I'll try anything once.
Sounds interesting. Look forward to hearing how you get on. Did you book flights and hotels separately or is it part of a package?
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
Originally Posted by Flowertot View Post
We did Belfast (loved it but not much use for you lol), Barcelona and Bath (flying into Bristol)
Yeah, Belfast is a great city but I'd like somewhere a wee bit further afield. Will look into Barcelona and Bath though - thanks for the recommendations