Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have had child free holidays for the last 8 years and we love it We loved our holidays when the kids were growing up don't get me wrong, but as a couple we just have to please ourselves do what we want when we want.

We are looking to taking our granddaughter (6) next year for her first visit and our youngest son (25) wants to come with us as well. We are really excited for this trip with all the planning involved for this as it will hopefully be like the first time we took our boys.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Mobile

We went with kids once. That was enough for us 😂Every year is kid free! We don't do Disney though really. Just all the things we want to do and eating and drinking!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

No I already did 8 years of trips before the kids came
And done ten years worth since lol with them
And in all honesty prefer them being with us
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I don't know if we'd go to Florida without kids. Without being tied to the Easter holidays our world would be much bigger as can visit Europe when warmer and cheaper, or head to India and Canada (not on the same trip!) and all of the other places that we can't afford/are too cold/closed at Easter.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Can't wait, I've said for a few years now, one down one to go my dd is 19 & has not holidayed with us for a few years, although I went to New York in 2016 just me & her, ds is 11 at the end of May & starting high school in September so only another 5 years or so to go I love going to Florida with the kids, it's been amazing but I'm also looking forward to a more adult holiday there once that time is over, me & dh said in 2010 when we visited the boardwalk how nice it would be to stay here or maybe yacht & beach & have an adult holiday, drinks around the world in Epcot, lovely, we're not overly fussed about the Disney parks to be honest so would probobly just do Epcot & spend the rest of the time at I drive & a beach somewhere

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I couldn't do Orlando without the kids (now 11 and 15). Once they reach 18, they are off the invite list to vacations... Unless it's Orlando as this is 'our' place.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

We have done it and enjoyed it but I missed them as we had made some great memories. We went to New York first then flew down the coast for 5 nights on international drive. We went with friends who has also had holidays there with their son and she was very reluctant to go but I think they both had a ball.
I'm not sure I would go back again until we had grandchildren but you never know, we had a really good time but it was just different.
When we first went away without any children on a 4 day city break I cried all the way to the airport. We had never had a single holiday or weekend away without them as we didn't have child care or the money to do it. Now we cry on our back from the airport, we really love our time on holiday together.
I work in education so still have to have holidays during therm closure but it's a college and we finish two weeks before school so we get away then but all other holidays are in school holiday time so that diesnt benefit us.

Edited at 12:03 AM.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Now that they're growing up so fast and getting older, we're not so excited, but more upset that our holidays with them as children are coming to an end
This is how we feel.

If we went on our own we wouldn’t do anything that we can’t/don’t do now with the kids with us and enjoy every minute having them with us.

Once they decide they aren’t coming with us anymore I don’t think I’d go to Florida, for the first few years anyway. It’s our family place.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
This will be my first trip to Orlando without any of my children or grandchildren, ever. I am kind of sad, we always travel together as a family to Orlando, even with extended family but they have their own holidays planned this year. We still won’t be alone though as we will have friends with us but none of our children or grandchildren. I can honestly say Im going to miss them.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
My two are nearly 20 and nearly 16 neither are coming to the West Coast next week or North Carolina in May .. Eldest can't because of work, younger one didn't want to next week and has exams in May.

Both are coming in Sept to North Carolina and also Daytona next feb

Happy mix here, they come if they want/ can.. if not then its fine too.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List