Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I like the Tom Gates or Diary of a Wimpy Kid ideas. I’m glad I’m not alone in disliking world book day!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Thanks everyone, I like the Tom Gates or Diary of a Wimpy Kid ideas. I’m glad I’m not alone in disliking world book day!
Another disliker here, DS is dressing in his Scotland rugby clothes to be Stuart Laidlaw & taking his Guinness book of world rugby!
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We loved it, dd went as a ugly sister with a pink wig and some awful make up and a beauty spot. Coloured tights, mismatched dress and a feather bower. Another year Violet from the incredibles. Red top, red leggings, black boots, eye mask and we drew a logo and stuck in on her t shirt. My boys did James Bond and wore a trousers and a jacket and bow tie. Robin Hood, Where’s wally, x
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

I love WBD, but totally forgot about one year. DD reminded just before 8.00 am! Raided her wardrobe and found a tartan skirt, woolly jumper and wellies - so she went as Katie Morag. Easiest costume ever!

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Edam1975
Imagineer

My son loves Wimpy Kid so he's going as Rodrick. I got him a Loded Diper t shirt off ebay though it would be very easy to make one yourself. Jeans, spiked up hair, and drumsticks.

1986 - Howard Johnsons / 1989 - Quality Inn / 1994 - All Star Sports / 2005 - Tuscan Hills / 2011 - Cumbrian Lakes / 2012 - Lindfields / 2014 - Formosa Gardens / 2014 - Emerald Island / 2016 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2018 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2022 - Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, LA, Disneyland (Grand Californian), San Diego / 2023 - Grand Floridian, Anna Maria Island, RPR
Edam1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerskeet
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm in the category of hating it.
We've had Hermione Granger, Leia from Star Wars, Mary Poppins, Annie and this year going at Violet Beauregard from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - planning to stuff pillows up a royal blue duvet cover!
DS school doesn't have WBD but they do Career Day which is worse and I really struggle with same, He's informed me he wants to go as Christiano Ronaldo this year - how do you talk a 6 year old out of that?
Clear Creek 2001. Windsor Hills 2003. I-Drive 2004. Sunset Lakes 2005. Indian Creek 2006. Runaway Beach Club 2007. Rolling Hills 2008. I-Drive 2009. Sunset Lakes 2010. Primrose Drive 2015. Emerald Island 2019.
Gingerskeet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

I am a teacher (secondary English) and am dreading dressing up too! Kids don't for us but the whole English Department do. Haven't even thought of anything yet...
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
We did Julian from Famous Five. DS went in cargo shorts, short sleeve shirt, walking boots and carried a black and white stuffed dog (Timmy!) and a plastic bottle marked ‘lemonade’.
Fab idea. Will put this as a suggestion to my DS who has vetoed all of my ideas and offered none of his own!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

This year, Our school are requesting that everybody comes in pyjamas rather than separate book characters. Easily sorted so it Suits me!
Old 22 Feb 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
This year, Our school are requesting that everybody comes in pyjamas rather than separate book characters. Easily sorted so it Suits me!
And me .. it’s going to be freezing next Thursday so dd is happy she can go in fleecy Marie pyjamas
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List