Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Feb 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Say they’re going as the invisible man and keep them at home for the day.

This just made me snort cheese sandwich all over my keyboard at work!
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
My daughters school have opted for a theme this year. They have to go dressed as a word. As if it wasn't hard enough already

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Our school has a theme too...son has to go as a "magical" character and apart from Harry potter (who he dislikes) we are stuck for ideas.

Much preferred it when you could just go as your favourite character from a book.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNewbie View Post
Our school has a theme too...son has to go as a "magical" character and apart from Harry potter (who he dislikes) we are stuck for ideas.

Much preferred it when you could just go as your favourite character from a book.
That is quite a hard one ...
A dragon ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Our head doesn’t do dress up for the children due to parental finances. She does let the staff do it though, last year I went as Little Miss Bump, blue jeans, blue top, blue trainers and wrapped a few bandages around me and added a few plasters.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

A unicorn, white clothes and one of them unicorn headbands or is that only for girls? He could go as a wizard like Merlin rather than Harry Potter.
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Bert from Mary Poppins ... old clothes and a sooty face (he took Mary into his pictures so he's magical

Edited at 04:25 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ruddy World Book Day, That everyone interprets as Film Day! I’m glad this is my daughter’s last one as she’s in Year 6. I didn’t think our school was doing one this year, even though I was looking at costumes. But they are, and when did they tell us? Monday! I was on eBay cursing them as all the available kids Ash Ketchum the boy from Pokemon costumes were either gone or wouldn’t get here on time or from China (see second point made). But! I thought sod it and bought an adult large one from somewhere in England, and as luck would have it due to the Chinese being diddy, an adult large actually fits!

The previous two years she’s gone as Fantastic Mr Fox as she’s into foxes. But like a dress you wear more than once I couldn’t bring myself to let her wear it a third year! The first costume we cobbled together ourselves as Mrs Twit.

Anyway she loves her Pokemon so she’s happy...and I can consign WBD to the Primary school bin! Mutter mutter...

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
I have noticed a great deal of costumes in the supermarkets over the past week and wondered why (as we have no school age children within the family). Fantastic costumes although OH and I both thought it a bit out of control, especially for parents who have more than one child at school, then it must be really expensive. Sorry no help with suggestions on what to wear.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Ours are doing bedtime stories and just have to go in their pjs and onsies thank god, I hate dress up! I feel sorry for people who have 3 kids or more and £10 each outfit soon adds up! They should do a recycle scheme so you only buy 1 outfit for the school then all can be recycled the next year!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List