Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Feb 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I wouldn't - I love Rome and have found everything walkable as long as you are up for 15-20k steps per day (which is the norm for us on holiday).
We walked too and found it very manageable.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

we went to Rome during August one year and it was sweltering, we did a fair bit of walking, but also we did use the HOHO buses too.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you again. We go in two weeks Looks like it will be dependant on weather.
dizzymcfarlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Glad I've seen this - we go in four weeks and plan to walk everywhere (staying at an AirBnB near the Trevi Fountain) but I did like the extra information we got from the bus when we did one in Paris.

It hadn't actually occurred to me that there'd be these buses there as well, I suppose they're in all the major cities these days!
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I loved the hop on/off bus in Rome, yes everything is walkable, but I love the commentary you get on the bus aswell. We got a green one across the road from the Termini, and it was valid for 72 hours which was perfect!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

We did this and used big bus tours. Price wise they are competitive with the cut sightseeing red ones but we were left thinking we had made a mistake and wouldn’t use hem again.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

We've just come back from a weekend in Rome. Use the HOHO, as it was chucking it down on Saturday. Because we were there such a short amount of time we thought it would be a great way to see a lot, then we could decide on what we wanted to see more of if that makes sense. I also have problems with my feet (plantar fasciitis), so not up for a lot of walking at the moment.

Due to the weather and my feet, was definitely well worth it for us. We did the whole route, then got off and walked to see Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, and then over to the Vatican to see St Peters Square. Did all of this on the Saturday.

We could have got back on on the Sunday, as had bought a 24 hour ticket at lunchtime Saturday, but decided it would take too long to get round the route, so got the metro to the Collesseum. Was mad round there, as it is free entry on the first Sunday of the month, so because my feet were bad, we paid 20 euro each for a skip the line guided tour from one of the many sellers outside. Was actually very good, and given the queue was about 3 hours long, money well spent! Also got skip the line entry to the Forum (free there as well due to first Sunday in month), but didn't spend that long in there as started raining and my feet were absolutely killing me.

A very full on weekend, and we were knackered (not helped by a 3 hour delay on our flight on Friday evening due to the snow), but we had a brilliant time.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
techman47
slightly serious Dibber

Well worth doing, we booked a 72 hour pass with the Big Bus Tour when we visited in June last year.
Paid online and picked tickets up on bus with no problems, we also found the information from the head phones very useful.
New York 09,11,14: Las Vegas 11,14,19: Washington DC 14, Atlanta 15,18, San Francisco 19, Rome 16,17.
techman47 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Quick update for anyone interested. We did the bus - got ticket lunchtime so it went over to next day. Well worth it. But omg why did no one mention the ticket touts and selfie stick sellers. 🤬
dizzymcfarlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Very interested in this. How long ( roughly) would a complete route take to see all the sights without getting off? (We will have one day in Rome on a cruise next year but wouldn’t want to miss the ship!).
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List